Scott Parker

conversations have probably been had between the club and arter, arter and his sister, and his sister and her husband

many ways of avoiding being accused of tapping up

Just don’t leave them holding the brown envelopes or you’ll never see any of that

I’m afraid this forum and it’s previous incarnation red&black has been going along time before you showed up old cherry. Lower leagues and all.
No offence meant.

Yep. ..fair comment..I came to keyboards quite late...and spent several years just reading news and comments about the Cherries ..before getting confident to say my piece...then it went OTT..not sure where im going with it now...the missus thinks im seriously 'losing it' and it will make me ill..but we will see !

How the ' ' ' k do we know the club is targeting Parker if they don't communicate with the fans...its the fans as I see it pushing for him...on here...on posts!!!
The club is acting all Kremlin and MI5..and on that basis ..if they don't open up then I don't really give a ' ' ' k who we get now !
So, no examples of hype, then, just a repetition of the fans pushing for him.

Back on page 1 of this thread, last August, we had the following quotes from all those fans desperate to have Parker here:

"Certainly someone who isn’t as under whelming as most in the frame. "
"Am I the only one who thinks Scott Parker under achieved this season?"
"I don't think you can't consider parker but there are about 4 others i would rather."

Wow, the hype

...not sure that I would trust the current board of being able to pick the right candidate for the job anyway....so we will just await the 'big news' soon hopefully...I don't want Parker, but then I didn't want Tindall or Woodgate either!

The vacumn since Howe left is similar to what happened at Man Utd and Arsenal after they lost their greatest managers...it is taking time to get the right person and I am not sure that they have got them yet tbh!...so I suppose it is all too easy to criticise??

So, no examples of hype, then, just a repetition of the fans pushing for him.

Back on page 1 of this thread, last August, we had the following quotes from all those fans desperate to have Parker here:

"Certainly someone who isn’t as under whelming as most in the frame. "
"Am I the only one who thinks Scott Parker under achieved this season?"
"I don't think you can't consider parker but there are about 4 others i would rather."

Wow, the hype

You know damn well what Hype is...we get it across all Media now...
..Politics , Sport..Entertainment in general..every aspect of Life!....Trump..Biden..Boris..Macron..
...and just look at the Brexit and Pandemic threads on this Forum!
Groups of idealists, and individuals, trying to force others into 'their way'...thankfully many of us are 'lone rangers' ..able to resist becoming sheep!

Last edited:
RobWells said:

r u sure thats a good idea? use your wifes!!

Excuse me sir but WIFE! :oops: Please you use a non gender specific term ... Yellow card from the WOKE police!

Nothing at all un-PC about the term, wife. The fictitious "woke police" will have to come up with something better.

But there should be a warning for using textspeak in lower case letters, a yellow for omitting the apostrophe on there's and then a red for the lack of a genitive apostrophe on wife's.

If you want to be a pedant, get it right or someone will, inevitably, out-pedanticise you.

why wouldn't ANY side in The Championship NOT want to win promotion?
Barry Fry is two planks!
Indeed. Wanting promotion and providing the conditions needed for promotion are two different things. He will only consider coming here if he feels that the club can provide him with everything needed to have a realistic attempt at gaining promotion from this league. Duh ! Thanks for the heads up. I thought he'd be happy to come here, have a squad of 10 fit players and no budget to bring players in !

You know damn well what Hype is...we get it across all Media now...
..Politics , Sport..Entertainment in general..every aspect of Life!....Trump..Biden..Boris..Macron..
...and just look at the Brexit and Pandemic threads on this Forum!
Groups of idealists, and individuals, trying to force others into 'their way'...thankfully many of us are 'lone rangers' ..able to resist becoming sheep!
You're not a lone ranger, you're just bizarre

I do indeed know what hype is; I demonstrate to you that there is no hype and that there is a whole spectrum of opinion about Parker, and you still witter on about "groups of idealists trying to force others into 'their way'" and accusing people of being sheep.

Utter bullshit.

You're not a lone ranger, you're just bizarre

I do indeed know what hype is; I demonstrate to you that there is no hype and that there is a whole spectrum of opinion about Parker, and you still witter on about "groups of idealists trying to force others into 'their way'" and accusing people of being sheep.

Utter bullshit.

You 'demonstrated' to me....whatever floats a boat....demonstrating...teaching...advising...all good stuff..
And don't think for one minute that I would dismiss anything or everything you say..oh no..on the contrary ..some of your posts will appeal to me...I don't see rigid categorisation of any individual as a positive thing...we never stop learning...one mans bullsh*t is another mans credible thought..and in reverse. Bizarre? ...that's kind of up to interpretation..but yeah I do it a fair bit...it beats boring as I see it! :cuppa:

You 'demonstrated' to me....whatever floats a boat....demonstrating...teaching...advising...all good stuff..
And don't think for one minute that I would dismiss anything or everything you say..oh no..on the contrary ..some of your posts will appeal to me...I don't see rigid categorisation of any individual as a positive thing...we never stop learning...one mans bullsh*t is another mans credible thought..and in reverse. Bizarre? ...that's kind of up to interpretation..but yeah I do it a fair bit...it beats boring as I see it! :cuppa:

I find your posts amusing, but you do seem to lash out in half of them about 'forum elite', 'sheep', 'celeb' culture if involves a differing opinion to yours :D

;