Scott Parker

Blake ,Hughes and Mostyn will look pretty stupid if he uses our interest to get a pay rise.

Yes - this has been in the works for a while ... "leveraging" AFCB to get a better deal and a promise of player investment etc at FFC. After the debacle at DC last season (Vieira, Henry etc) our board would look like sops.

Then the posters above will look stupid.
Sorry to see that comment Rob. I hope the Parker deal goes through - but the track record of our board over the past year has been grim and it's reasonable to be concerned that there could be another poor outcome.

Our executive decision-makers leave much to be desired.

Sorry to see that comment Rob. I hope the Parker deal goes through - but the track record of our board over the past year has been grim and it's reasonable to be concerned that there could be another poor outcome.

I’m not denying that, but trying to label people stupid for something out of their control is disingenuous.

agree recent record is mostly shambolic, but if they manage to pull off (eek) recruiting the guy who has been their top managerial target for over 2 years, an ex-England international from one of our promotion rivals, then it’ll be a resounding success for them whether you like the individuals involved or not

How is that their fault? Seems to me you are looking for any reason to criticise.
Couldn't agree more. Happens in business all the time. Opportunities present themselves and everyone has the right to decide whats best for them. That doesn't make the suitors any less capable, hence the reason we have interviewed more than one, but nothing wrong with having a priority list. In any case I think he is coming, and that for me will be a job well done by the board.

If this is the case surely Fulham would have announced his departure

Only if they have sacked him or he has resigned. If we 'buy him' then the announcement will be at similar times.

Still time today for Fulham to announce his departure though, so dont read into no news yet.

Only if they have sacked him or he has resigned. If we 'buy him' then the announcement will be at similar times.

Still time today for Fulham to announce his departure though, so dont read into no news yet.

Nope; just sounded like he was going to resign instead of him ‘buying him’

;