Scott Parker

This could all get very interesting. If there is a stalemate between us and Fulham, and Eddie seemingly having nowhere to go as his options are closing, then perhaps the Prodigal son will return once again.
Sometimes things just fall into place !

Of all of the options, this should be one of the easier ones for the board to sort out.

Unfortunately we do not know the true level of latent animosity between EH and the board. If things ended very badly, then unfortunately egos and pride could get in the way of common sense here.

It would be a real shame should that be the case, because the solution is staring us all in the face !

So on one hand Parker's appointment apparently signals ambition and on the other hand we can't afford the three and a half million to get him!.....:unsure:

I don’t think it’s a case of “can’t afford”, think it’s more a case of not wanting to over spend on something when you know the going rate.

I could afford to buy a twix for £10, doesn’t mean I want to pay £10 for it when I know it should cost me a quid.

May I just add ?

If EH left for the benefit of the club ( as stated at the time ), I think now he needs to come back, for the benefit of the club !!!

:wahey::utc::utc::utc:

Really can't see it happening.

Surely if Eddie was interested in a return and the club had spoken to him, something would have leaked, Kris Temple would have heard a snippet.
If the club are really interested in getting Eddie back, why the chase for SP, why looking at paying a million or more for him?
That money could go toward Eddie's wages or players or a new car park!
Would it show a lack of desire to the outside world on Eddie's behalf coming back. Other clubs could look at it and think Eddie would always want to come back here.

As much as I would love him back, not going to happen for me. :grinning:

I don’t think it’s a case of “can’t afford”, think it’s more a case of not wanting to over spend on something when you know the going rate.

I could afford to buy a twix for £10, doesn’t mean I want to pay £10 for it when I know it should cost me a quid.
What is the going rate for buying out a managers contract?

....typical of us we made no money when Howe leaves and then pay over the odds for what at best is an average manager!

You really wonder sometimes at the sheer incompetence of those entrusted to look after the club's best interests?

Why don't we offer up Blake and a tenner for Scott and get the deal done!

Really can't see it happening.

Surely if Eddie was interested in a return and the club had spoken to him, something would have leaked, Kris Temple would have heard a snippet.
If the club are really interested in getting Eddie back, why the chase for SP, why looking at paying a million or more for him?
That money could go toward Eddie's wages or players or a new car park!
Would it show a lack of desire to the outside world on Eddie's behalf coming back. Other clubs could look at it and think Eddie would always want to come back here.

As much as I would love him back, not going to happen for me. :grinning:
I don't think it will happen either because egos and pride will get in the way.

There must have been a pretty serious falling out between EH and the board when he left, otherwise he'd already be sitting next to Blake ( wearing another one of his charcoal polo neck sweaters ) smiling and signing a new contract :D

It's just a shame that both sides can't put the future of the club before personal grievances tbh. It also makes it extremely unlikely that EH will ever feel able to return, which is even sadder :cry:

....typical of us we made no money when Howe leaves and then pay over the odds for what at best is an average manager!

You really wonder sometimes at the sheer incompetence of those entrusted to look after the club's best interests?

I wonder at your inability to grasp the complexities of the situation. Howe has seen out his contract and was happy to wait.

Who have we paid over the odds for? Nobody, as far as I'm aware at this point

Berating the board based on the unsubstantiated posting of someone who says he's a Fulham fan "in the know" seems a bit harsh

I wonder at your inability to grasp the complexities of the situation. Howe has seen out his contract and was happy to wait.
complexities?...simple to me Howe had time left on his contract and IF he had stayed and anyone wanted him then we would have got compensation...instead he is 'released' and we carried on paying him by all accounts...not sure what business sense that makes in any world you care to live in?...but no doubt you know better...

Not only that, we continued to pay him while watching two lower quality managers steer us through the season (all respect to JT and JW).

So on one hand Parker's appointment apparently signals ambition and on the other hand we can't afford the three and a half million to get him!.....:unsure:
If Parker joins us from Fulham then it does indicate ambition yes. Not paying full compensation if we don’t have to isnt
Attracting Parker would signal ambition. Not paying full compo when we don’t have to isn’t lack of ambition, it’s common sense. It looks like his days were numbered there anyway, hence the situation we find ourselves in. Our board have deserved a lot of criticism, for this they do not.

Who have we paid over the odds for? Nobody, as far as I'm aware at this point

Berating the board based on the unsubstantiated posting of someone who says he's a Fulham fan "in the know" seems a bit harsh
..don't most people post on here because they think that they are in the know?..seems logical that if SP is contracted then any club wanting to prise him away would have to pay for the right to do so?

If Parker joins us from Fulham then it does indicate ambition yes. Not paying full compensation if we don’t have to isnt

Attracting Parker would signal ambition. Not paying full compo when we don’t have to isn’t lack of ambition, it’s common sense. It looks like his days were numbered there anyway, hence the situation we find ourselves in. Our board have deserved a lot of criticism, for this they do not.
Yes, I think we were taking issue with the "couldn't afford" reason being given.
That is a nice spin but the true reason will be that we are refusing on principle to pay compensation for a manager they no longer want there. 3.5 million would not be an obstacle if Parker was still wanted by Fulham but clearly he is not. The board's reluctance to pay in this instance is totally understandable.

And if Fulham refuse to budge on the compo?

;