Scott Parker

...meanwhile the days slip by and many are left in a wonderland of uncertainty and limbo...Jonathan Woodgate clutches his phone close by and ponders the future...players think that AFCB are just so tinpot.....fans uncomfortably rotate at their keyboards and stare out of the abyss desperately in need of rescue and confirmation that we will have a side to compete in the coming months...

Hi all, received the message below from my mate that works at Fulham.
The fulham contract is holding it up. They want compo but Bournemouth can't afford it. Parker says he will walk but again Fulham will only accept his resignation and let him go if there is a clause he won't go to Bournemouth as they want compo.
Spurs back in the mix aswell now. His agent is touting him around to other clubs too.

looks like this is going to drag on and on for a while longer yet….
As predicted.

I suppose from AFCB's point of view the good thing is that Fulham want rid of him anyway. I doubt that any other club will be willing to pay full compensation to acquire SP's services, so the best chance they have of getting rid of him is to make a deal with AFCB, who so far have been the club most interested in getting him.
I would imagine that a compromise on the compensation will be made at some point, since Fulham will not want to delay their preparations for next season much longer.

Hi all, received the message below from my mate that works at Fulham.
The fulham contract is holding it up. They want compo but Bournemouth can't afford it. Parker says he will walk but again Fulham will only accept his resignation and let him go if there is a clause he won't go to Bournemouth as they want compo.
Spurs back in the mix aswell now. His agent is touting him around to other clubs too.

looks like this is going to drag on and on for a while longer yet….
Flippin' heck :rolleyes: Silly game of chicken that damages both our clubs.

...meanwhile the days slip by and many are left in a wonderland of uncertainty and limbo...Jonathan Woodgate clutches his phone close by and ponders the future...players think that AFCB are just so tinpot.....fans uncomfortably rotate at their keyboards and stare out of the abyss desperately in need of rescue and confirmation that we will have a side to compete in the coming months...
When the SP deal falls through, the geniuses at the club will resort to plan B which is to offer JW a two year deal.
If I were JW I would then take great delight in telling them to do one and see what their plan C is ! :p

Same for your Spurs.

I think the key development there, is that if Spurs are interested in Parker; they are likely to pay the full compo, which will delay matters even more. I’ve heard that Spurs have made contact with Parker’s agent but don’t know if it will go any further

I think the key development there, is that if Spurs are interested in Parker; they are likely to pay the full compo, which will delay matters even more. I’ve heard that Spurs have made contact with Parker’s agent but don’t know if it will go any further
Seems unlikely to me that the Spurs board and fans will be all that keen. His only management experience in the PL so far was not exactly impressive.
I think the fans would be extremely underwhelmed should Spurs appoint Parker.
IMO extremely unlikely.

I know Parker has a link with Spurs having played and coached there, but I can't see why a club would appoint Parker if Howe or Potter were a possibility, for example. Now for us they probably aren't possible, hence Parker. But they would be for Spurs.

I know Parker has a link with Spurs having played and coached there, but I can't see why a club would appoint Parker if Howe or Potter were a possibility, for example. Now for us they probably aren't possible, hence Parker. But they would be for Spurs.

I agree I think it’s unlikely, and it may just be his agent bartering for more money. However, it will almost certainly drag this on even longer. It’s almost who will blink first, and knowing our owners it won’t be them as they are too stubborn for their own good. This could ruin both our and your preparation for the new season and it’s a bit ridiculous really

A pretty ridiculous situation all round really.

It's clear that Fulham no longer want Parker, yet they are insisting upon full compensation before letting him go. You can't have your cake and eat it too !
If they no longer want him, release him from his contract and let him go by mutual consent.

I can't blame our board for not wanting to pay compensation, I'm right behind them on that point.

It would be hilarious if the Fulham board's intransigence led to them being stuck with a manager they don't want and who would rather be at AFCB, heading into next season. :rofl:

We should stick to our guns. If compensation is paid, it should be seriously reduced, since it is clear that Fulham no longer want him there !
#stayfirm

A pretty ridiculous situation all round really.

It's clear that Fulham no longer want Parker, yet they are insisting upon full compensation before letting him go. You can't have your cake and eat it too !
If they no longer want him, release him from his contract and let him go by mutual consent.

I can't blame our board for not wanting to pay compensation, I'm right behind them on that point.

It would be hilarious if the Fulham board's intransigence led to them being stuck with a manager they don't want and who would rather be at AFCB, heading into next season. :rofl:

We should stick to our guns. If compensation is paid, it should be seriously reduced, since it is clear that Fulham no longer want him there !
#stayfirm
So fulham no longer want full compensation, they want about 3.5million for Parker and his whole staff. Which is almost half of what it should be. However; AFCB cannot afford it, which is what’s causing the delay, Parker has threatened to resign to take it up but Fulham won’t accept his resignation unless there is a clause that he doesn’t go to Bournemouth as fulham want the compo. I get where both sides are coming from really. It’s a ridiculous situation and both boards seem incapable of having a grown up conversation to bridge the gap

At this point in time Blake needs to pick up the phone and call a certain Mr Edward Howe methinks.

Otherwise we are putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping that this deal will come off and if it doesn't we will have wasted a ton of time and will be running out of options.

With no compensation to pay, Ed could end up being the cheaper ( and better ! ) option. Just do it !

That could well be something put about by Fulham or SP's agent to force the issue. The plot thickens! o_O

So fulham no longer want full compensation, they want about 3.5million for Parker and his whole staff. Which is almost half of what it should be. However; AFCB cannot afford it, which is what’s causing the delay, Parker has threatened to resign to take it up but Fulham won’t accept his resignation unless there is a clause that he doesn’t go to Bournemouth as fulham want the compo. I get where both sides are coming from really. It’s a ridiculous situation and both boards seem incapable of having a grown up conversation to bridge the gap
Well at least the compensation is reduced ( allegedly ), however from AFCB's point of view, if you know that Fulham no longer want him, you would be aggrieved to pay any compensation at all. They should have just sacked him once the season ended.

All a bit of a mess and worst of all, as you say, the longer it drags on, the less time both clubs have to prepare adequately for next season.

Hence why I think we should now be looking at other options which might be easier to get done and dusted. Leave the Fulham board with SP on their hands, paying out his contract whilst he's sat at home on "gardening leave". :wave:

At this point in time Blake needs to pick up the phone and call a certain Mr Edward Howe methinks.

Otherwise we are putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping that this deal will come off and if it doesn't we will have wasted a ton of time and will be running out of options.

With no compensation to pay, Ed could end up being the cheaper ( and better ! ) option. Just do it !
How do we know that this has not already happened and E H has said Thanks but no thanks!

How do we know that this has not already happened and E H has said Thanks but no thanks!
We don't.

But EH loves the club and is a fan apparently. So hard to imagine he would refuse the job if certain conditions were met. He would surely still want to see the club strengthen at this level and possibly return to the PL. He is the best man for the job and I think he'd be up for it.
I suspect the problem is on the club's end and not EH's.
I think he would take the job if offered, for the above mentioned reasons.

This could all get very interesting. If there is a stalemate between us and Fulham, and Eddie seemingly having nowhere to go as his options are closing, then perhaps the Prodigal son will return once again.

;