Scott Parker

As I see it, Fulham have a manager they don't particularly want, he doesn't want to be there. We want him and he wants to come to us. If we don't take him, nobody else is in the picture. In the end, I think Fulham have to take our offer or stick with Scottie until his contract expires. There one hope is, Neill Blake and Richard Hughes start a bidding war against each other and we pay their ransom demands. I don't think both of them can be that stupid at the same time : )

As I mentioned earlier, Parker I think appeals to the board because, on paper at least, his style of play is more the fabled “Bournemouth way”.
This seems to be a rare occasion where the board are trying to do right by the fans, yet somehow they are still getting stick for it !
I think the board want someone like Parker and someone for a medium view not short term

are you serious?
did you not see their 7-2-1 formation with the sweeper-keeper endlessly hoofing it into the stratosphere? I was like watching rugby league ffs
I'd far rather have pulis back
Yes I am serious. I don’t understand this obsession with possession football, I don’t really care how direct we are in our approach as long as we are successful. For me an entertaining style of play is one which creates chances on goal. Barnsley were one of the most entertaining sides we faced last season, we couldn’t cope with them in the second half.

As I see it, Fulham have a manager they don't particularly want, he doesn't want to be there. We want him and he wants to come to us. If we don't take him, nobody else is in the picture. In the end, I think Fulham have to take our offer or stick with Scottie until his contract expires. There one hope is, Neill Blake and Richard Hughes start a bidding war against each other and we pay their ransom demands. I don't think both of them can be that stupid at the same time : )
I think that bidding started a few days ago, Table. However I understand negotiations broke down because, it transpired, they were both using Monopoly money :shake:

are you serious?
did you not see their 7-2-1 formation with the sweeper-keeper endlessly hoofing it into the stratosphere? I was like watching rugby league ffs
I'd far rather have pulis back
Lol no i didn't see their 721 and neither did anyone else.......they play 343 the way it's supposed to be played with wingbacks pushing up high and three CBs who hold a high line ......work rate.....commitment and an intensity we could only dream about.......but no lets watch our back line pass it between them before passing it back to Bego to slice it out for a throw in.

Oh dear. It was literally giving me horrible flashbacks to Parker making sure we don’t lose at home in our last championship season, rather than trying to win at home

Ally McCoists commentary gave me horrible flashbacks to a lot of your contribution to this thread. You sort of knew he had knowledge of the situation, and a lot of what he was saying was probably true, but my god was he bias and repetitive.

I don’t think it’s a case of “can’t afford”, think it’s more a case of not wanting to over spend on something when you know the going rate.

I could afford to buy a twix for £10, doesn’t mean I want to pay £10 for it when I know it should cost me a quid.
Care to share with us Waitrose shoppers where these supposed places are that sell twix’s for less than a tenner?

complexities?...simple to me Howe had time left on his contract and IF he had stayed and anyone wanted him then we would have got compensation...instead he is 'released' and we carried on paying him by all accounts...not sure what business sense that makes in any world you care to live in?...but no doubt you know better...
In employment terms it means he was ‘released’ when he wanted to stay. The nicer way of saying ‘sacked’ when sensitively dealing with a legend. The thing that Kris Temple has always referred to, and Willo and a few ex players I’ve spoken to. It’s why it would take an extraordinary change of events from Blake in terms of a public apology or him leaving for Eddie to come back.

Had Eddie resigned he wouldn’t have got a penny. Blake thought JT could take this club to new levels. Then JW. Got paid nearly 2m to think like that. Good work if you can get it.

As I mentioned earlier, Parker I think appeals to the board because, on paper at least, his style of play is more the fabled “Bournemouth way”.
This seems to be a rare occasion where the board are trying to do right by the fans, yet somehow they are still getting stick for it !
I think this is because his style of football is not our way. Speak to people who watched his sides and it’s like the last two years of Eddie and not the other eight. Now people can change of course!

;