Scott Parker

Yeah... each to their own! People go to football for different reasons. I’ve got a mate who just goes to get hammered and sometimes used to stay in the pub and we’d meet him after the game
Years ago I was in the North stand for a match and a couple of guys came past us – you could smell the fumes – and went to seats right at the end of stand i.e. where one of the pictures is. They both sat down, heads against the wall and promptly went to sleep and missed the whole match. They were still there when we left.

Hi all, just an FYI the deal for Parker is in its closing stages. I’ve been told the few Is somewhere between 3 & 3.5 mill for Parker and his staff. It seems both sides agreed it was getting silly so compromised in the middle. Not sure when it will be announced but it definitely will happen. Fulham’s possible replacement landed in the country 2 days ago, and has 3 days left of quarantine. If I find out anymore I’ll let you know.

Hi all, just an FYI the deal for Parker is in its closing stages. I’ve been told the few Is somewhere between 3 & 3.5 mill for Parker and his staff. It seems both sides agreed it was getting silly so compromised in the middle. Not sure when it will be announced but it definitely will happen. Fulham’s possible replacement landed in the country 2 days ago, and has 3 days left of quarantine. If I find out anymore I’ll let you know.
So yesterday we couldn’t afford it. Today we are paying 3.5m. Ok then.

Christ Almighty...if the Fulham fans don't rate him...why would we ! I just don't get Boscombe fans...we hop onto media hype stuff and won't let go...Why are we not considering half a dozen others.....why just Parker ? Let the CVs stack up, get em all in and grill em..make em fight for the right to be our manager..an easy flip for Parker is so marrow- minded!

God..I don't know..I really don't!
Totalitarian Tinpot.

Last edited:
It’s not gonna be 3.5 in one go. And it’s somewhere between 3 and 3.5, that’s how negotiations work, yesterday Bournemouth ‘couldn’t afford it’ but things have changed since then, Fulham have dropped their demands to a level that Bournemouth are happy with, therefore Bournemouth now can ‘afford him’

Christ Almighty...if the Fulham fans don't rate him...why would we ! I just don't get Boscombe fans...we hop onto media hype stuff and won't let go...Why are we not considering half a dozen others.....why just Parker ? Let the CVs stack up, get em all in and grill em..make em fight for the right to be our manager..an easy flip for Parker is so marrow- minded!

Totalitarian Tinpot.

Calm down Brian !!! At the moment, this is just a rumour, substantiated by a report in the sun, and an unknown Fulham fan, whose stories change more frequently than JT changed the lamps in his sunbed!

Totalitarian Tinpot.
Charlton fans didn't rate Simon Francis. Fans can be wrong. I didn't realise you were so sheep like.

If the replacement has already travelled and is currently going through quarantine then I’d suggest there is nothing “possible” about it, it’s all agreed and signed. Players/managers (and 99% of other professions for that matter) don’t travel for negotiations right now, it’s all done remotely and travel only takes place when agreed and signed.

If the replacement has already travelled then I’d expect Fulham to announce him the same day that we announce Parker.

Have you ever bought a car or a house? Never made a bid on something? House available at £500,000, first thing to say is "Oh I love the house but I can't afford it".

Very very few people will open negotiations saying "Oh I can afford that I will have it at that price, thank you very much!"

It's business, it's life.

If the replacement has already travelled and is currently going through quarantine then I’d suggest there is nothing “possible” about it, it’s all agreed and signed. Players/managers (and 99% of other professions for that matter) don’t travel for negotiations right now, it’s all done remotely and travel only takes place when agreed and signed.

If the replacement has already travelled then I’d expect Fulham to announce him the same day that we announce Parker.

I agree with you, perhaps my ‘possible’ was slightly over-cautious. Will take something drastic for it not to happen. I know Fulham’s players are due back a week on Wednesday, and Fulham want it all done and dusted ideally by next weekend. So I’d imagine it will be done and announced this week

Totalitarian Tinpot.
Which fans have hyped Parker?

Have a look back at the managerial threads, many other names have been mentioned on “this Forum”

Hate to break it to you, Brian….but it doesn’t matter who the fans consider, we don’t get to appoint the manager. Why are you ranting at the fans?

Yeah... each to their own! People go to football for different reasons. I’ve got a mate who just goes to get hammered and sometimes used to stay in the pub and we’d meet him after the game

His name wasn't Phil Bateman was it?

A legend.

Phil would seldom last the 90 minutes even when he was at the game.

"This is fooking dire, I'm off", often before half time.

TBH it was difficult to fathom why Phil was a Boscombe fan.

He once managed to get banned for attacking the Brentford goalie at full time in a nothing Autoglass cup game that we had won.

I expect we are having to negotiate a clothing deal as well so that he looks elegant as he meanders up and down the touchline, and he's always chewing something as well, isn't he, so probably a deal with some large masticating company. I hope he's successful if he ever joins.

Last time I saw him was at DC (the new one) being hauled to the ground by stewards, on the pitch.

I recall a memorable journey back from Manchester on the train. When the heating broke. Except in our carriage where it was jammed on full. Phil had a bottle of something, Bacardi? Maybe more than one? Much fun was had by all.

Which fans have hyped Parker?

Have a look back at the managerial threads, many other names have been mentioned on “this Forum”

Hate to break it to you, Brian….but it doesn’t matter who the fans consider, we don’t get to appoint the manager. Why are you ranting at the fans?

Which fans have hyped Parker ?...uuummm ..this thread by any chance..and going back to before JT was appointed !
Are you not bored with the speculation and frustrated at the lack of action?

;