Scott Parker

The board must think Scott is the right man for the job. They were prepared to risk promotion last season by, in effect, making 2 temporary untried managerial appointments.
They can now back a proper manager who has already a promotion on his CV. I think he is one of the few managers who can build another dynasty similar to Eddie. He is ambitious and needs to make the job a success. We have waited a year for q real replacement for Eddie and hopefully the board's patience and determination to get their preferred choice will pay dividends.

The board must think Scott is the right man for the job. They were prepared to risk promotion last season by, in effect, making 2 temporary untried managerial appointments.
They can now back a proper manager who has already a promotion on his CV. I think he is one of the few managers who can build another dynasty similar to Eddie. He is ambitious and needs to make the job a success. We have waited a year for q real replacement for Eddie and hopefully the board's patience and determination to get their preferred choice will pay dividends.
Nice sentiment but unrealistic.....we really have to stop comparing manager's to Eddie......no manager is going to devout the time he did to us..
If things go well for Parker he'll move on when to the next stepping stone and that will apply to every manager we appoint after that.....there will be no dynasty's being built.

Nice sentiment but unrealistic.....we really have to stop comparing manager's to Eddie......no manager is going to devout the time he did to us..
If things go well for Parker he'll move on when to the next stepping stone and that will apply to every manager we appoint after that.....there will be no dynasty's being built.
Beat me to it…

I’d love parker to be well, and I’m very much in the camp of let’s judge him 6 month’s time… but if he manages to get us promoted, or even if we fail at that but have a really good season, I worry we’ll be in this position this time next year…

But as you say TF, that is going to be the case with any young aspiring manager… we’re in that bracket of clubs where success makes you a target for PL clubs…

Last edited:
Potter at Brighton latest to turn down Spurs according to SSN and the Sun had a story it would cost Spurs £15 million in compensation to get him.

The ex Wolves manager who seems to have been linked with a number of clubs is the latest favourite for the Spurs job.

As I said a few weeks ago, no way would Parker come here if he isn’t under the impression we can build/keep a team to get promoted this season. Even if his relationship has broken down with the Fulham board there’s plenty of other jobs out there.
As I said a few weeks ago, no way would Parker come here if he isn’t under the impression we can build/keep a team to get promoted this season. Even if his relationship has broken down with the Fulham board there’s plenty of other jobs out there.
That is what I cling to aswell...........but I cant convince myself.......:(

Potter at Brighton latest to turn down Spurs according to SSN and the Sun had a story it would cost Spurs £15 million in compensation to get him.

The ex Wolves manager who seems to have been linked with a number of clubs is the latest favourite for the Spurs job.

Sounds odd why potter would turn down the spurs role tbh. Probably more to it, but would be concerning if a Spurs fan...

I think people need to get over wanting EH back .
what achieved for us was amazing but the last 18 months of his reign was painful

Yep, almost like reminiscing over a failed relationship and remembering the good times and forgetting about the not so positive stuff towards the end.

Some, understandably so, still haven't gotten over it/moved on. Not surprising as he has strong connection with fans and the club... same with us fans with howe and the club. There'll always be times over the next few years where people will want him back, particularly if we re not doing as well as hoped for or expected.

I imagine the relationship between him and some of tge board broke down and he won't return unless significant changes at board level, which is unlikely to be forthcoming in the bear future.

Last edited:
Hahaha can't be serious.

Think the media builds up young managers and potter at the moment is someone who current favourite. Eddie was in the same boat. Big season for Brighton and potter - another one hanging on to avoid relegation punctures the potter brand imho. He needs to avoid Eddie’s error in staying too long

Each to their own....but don't think JT had anything like that expectation, in fact a fair few thought he may relegate us.

Can't recall a fair few thinking that. Fair few said it was a risky/sh1t appointment- which it was. Concerns around last season being our best chance of bouncing back to the top flight as uncertainty around max intentions for his future and tge clubs.

Clear to me he was given the job as preferred options weren't available. One of them will soon be joining us...

Think the media builds up young managers and potter at the moment is someone who current favourite. Eddie was in the same boat. Big season for Brighton and potter - another one hanging on to avoid relegation punctures the potter brand imho. He needs to avoid Eddie’s error in staying too long

That's one of those statements that my knee jerk reaction is that only an idiot would make a snap judgement on a manager's ability based on a bad season ...and I remembered the type of people in control of football clubs.

SSN

BARNSLEY TALK SCHOPP

Barnsley are in talks with TSV Hartberg boss Markus Schopp as they look to appoint a quick successor to Valerien Ismael as head coach.

Ismael left to join West Brom last week, and Austrian Schopp has now emerged as Barnsley’s preferred candidate to take over at Oakwell.

;