Scott Parker

Firstly an apology to @Waz afcb and @Neil Dawson - and any others that I probably read that raised the alarm early. The Bournemouth I grew up watching didn't really do sacking but it is clear now that Parkers public comments were directed at the board, and that he had probably tried privatly to get what he wanted and it didn't go well. Smacks of trying to get the supporters/players on my side which for me it worked. I don't necessarily agree that it sparked the board into action as apparently they want a sustainable approach to promotion/relegation. Parker obviously isn't that kind of manager. The kind of manager we need is someone who will look at what we've got, strengthen where necessary but won't throw the baby out with the bath water and expect a new formation/tactics and squad to go with it. We've had a manager to do that before, I forget his name, but he showed it is possible to get the best out of what you have with round pegs in round holes.

Having Parker admit we're practically relegated after 4 games after whinging all pre-season too, you might as well roll the dice and throw anyone else in.

We all know we've not spent enough to compete fully and it'll be a tough season, but that stays between the manager and board... if the board won't spend then it's head down and carry on.

Openly calling it out in the way he did using the words he did was a disaster.

Firstly an apology to @Waz afcb and @Neil Dawson - and any others that I probably read that raised the alarm early. The Bournemouth I grew up watching didn't really do sacking but it is clear now that Parkers public comments were directed at the board, and that he had probably tried privatly to get what he wanted and it didn't go well. Smacks of trying to get the supporters/players on my side which for me it worked. I don't necessarily agree that it sparked the board into action as apparently they want a sustainable approach to promotion/relegation. Parker obviously isn't that kind of manager. The kind of manager we need is someone who will look at what we've got, strengthen where necessary but won't throw the baby out with the bath water and expect a new formation/tactics and squad to go with it. We've had a manager to do that before, I forget his name, but he showed it is possible to get the best out of what you have with round pegs in round holes.
Bugger Waz and Dawson.......they wanted him here !!

When you think about it,I have never heard a manager make comments reflecting on how poor a group of his are quality wise. Plenty have said they need reinforcements,but not at the expenses of fracturing the current players in the team.
Think he would have been sacked if we had lost 4-0 based on his post game comments.

Interesting times ahead,just want to see a team playing with passion,giving it a go and let the chips fall where they may.

UTCIAD

I am shocked it's happened so soon, but it has felt inevitable. Whatever people think of SP or the board, the fact its, SP's comments have been basically telling the players he doesn't think they are good enough. It was his job to give them belief and he hasn't been doing that.

Also I know we all have out own opinions on who should be playing and where etc, but on Saturday, playing Anthony on the right and then playing Dom wide left when he came on. Just a couple of examples, but play players to their strengths at least.
I'm wondering now whether SP was deliberately playing people out of position to make certain we lost and he got his pay off when sacked. Some of his decisions were so bizarre it's hard to believe he could've thought they'd work. Tavernier marking VVD at corners?

As others have suggested, it is clear to me that Parker wanted to be sacked. And I’m glad he has been.

Don’t think we’ll be seeing him manage in the Premier League again anytime soon.

From BBC sports page on Scott Parker’s departure from AFCB.

'Enough was enough'

e34bac37-7d84-42b1-badd-d8e0496bc425.jpg

Adam Blackmore
BBC Radio Solent sports editor

While most people will casually see this as a club reacting to an abysmal 9-0 defeat, the reality is this decision has come about as a reaction to the comments made by Scott Parker after that game, referring to a lack of depth in the squad and how "under-cooked" they were.

We had plenty of Cooks untill he sold one of them

Bugger Waz and Dawson.......they wanted him here !!
I can’t speak for Waz not Waz and the rest of the KK clan.

I can historically put the record straight for me though as me and you used to talk about it a lot about a year ago. I didn’t really have an opinion on Parker I could see positives (promotion, good coaching credentials) and negatives ( relegation and negative football). So I was a complete fence sitter and wanted to see how it played out. You should give everyone a chance to see how it plays out. As I will whoever the next person through our increasingly revolving door is.

The statement said Scott Parker has left, but does that also mean the full backroom team he brought from Fulham?
"I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us."
Implies at least that his team's time with us has also ended.

Please please, just anyone who has managed at this level for at least a few seasons.

Even if it is Dyche.

Not another, he has potential, might be able to do it appointment.

I think I'd actually take the opposite view. I'd like someone young and eager to prove themselves, and who is happy to grow with our squad and work within our financial constraints. Not someone with an ego who thinks they know it all already. I think we need to think longer term than just staying up this year.

"I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us."
Implies at least that his team's time with us has also ended.

QUOTE="Neil Dawson, post: 661080, member: 435"]You’d imagine so. Else his assistant would have been in charge. I wonder how they felt when he was continually provoking the board.[/QUOTE]

Yep seems you are both correct.

Though some are still there.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/teams/staff-profiles/#Firstteam

Last edited:
Reflecting on last season - whilst successful, I enjoyed it less than any season I have supported AFCB. Having never managed to get a Season Ticket, it was the first time that I had seriously considered NOT buying tickets for every game.

I think Neil has alluded to it before - it's the style of football which was so frustrating and depressing. I blame that firmly on Parker.

So I view the season with some optimism now. Not that we will necessarily avoid relegation. But hopefully we will all start to see a more expansive and enjoyable brand of football again.

Unless Dyche is appointed :eek!:

I'm glad he's gone. I thought he handled the players badly and it's obvious from that tweet by Steve Cook that he did. Stacey, for one, went from being one of our best young players in the PL under EH back to L1 level under SP so it's going to be interesting to see how he does and also whether Anthony and Zemura sign new contracts.

;