Season Ticket failures

I asked a long term steward at the end of last season as to how many banned items he had ever found. guess the reply, correct a big fat zero.

Anyone on here have their ST fail to work at the turnstiles ?
My wifes failed to work and she had to go to the ticket office to get a paper ticket. When she got there quite a few others were queuing up with the same problem. They assured her it would be O.K. for the next game but she doesn't trust them very much !! She was not happy at missing the first ten minutes.
How it happened I don't know. Both my ST and hers were paid in full in the same single credit card transaction.
My cousin had the same issue. Was finally let in through an emergency exit, got to her seat in the north stand and found it had been sold to somebody who had a valid ticket!!

Stuff like this seems like a token gesture, as if people want to get something in, they'll make sure it's properly hidden/concealed.

Stuff like this seems like a token gesture, as if people want to get something in, they'll make sure it's properly hidden/concealed.
Not relevant to the present, but one that gets me most is pensioners having to remove their AFCB branded warm hats and unzip their jackets on a cold evening kickoff, having been queued in the cold for 10 minutes. In case they have a flare concealed beneath it I assume. Ridiculous.

Anyone who really, really wants to get a flare into the ground does not hide it under their hat, or give it to their grandad. So a bit of common sense might be nice. Even if that counts as profiling ok, I'd rather be profiled for a hat and jacket search if it means the pensioners can be spared it.

And let's be honest, the only flares the AFCB zimmer crew take into football are flares from their 1970s wardrobe.

Not relevant to the present, but one that gets me most is pensioners having to remove their AFCB branded warm hats and unzip their jackets on a cold evening kickoff, having been queued in the cold for 10 minutes. In case they have a flare concealed beneath it I assume. Ridiculous.

Anyone who really, really wants to get a flare into the ground does not hide it under their hat, or give it to their grandad. So a bit of common sense might be nice. Even if that counts as profiling ok, I'd rather be profiled for a hat and jacket search if it means the pensioners can be spared it.

And let's be honest, the only flares the AFCB zimmer crew take into football are flares from their 1970s wardrobe.
You’ve seen me!

A woman got to the front of the search queue only to be told she had to go to a different queue to be searched by a woman. She went to the back of that queue. So men don't search women but women can search men.
A woman behind me was searched by a guy. Think she was given the option of joining the ladies queue, but couldnt be bothered with the time and it was close to ko. He delicately put his palms together(imagine praying) and moved them vertically down the middle of her t-shirt to check nothing was being concealed.
Strange, never noticed a woman search another woman in that area.....

Referring to my original post, my wife emailed the club voicing her displeasure and concern that it may happen again. The club responded quickly, apologised and said that it was not a problem with the STs but the reader at the turnstile. They said the issue had been resolved and would be ok next time.
Lets hope so. It may be prudent for stewards to have hand readers that could be used as an alternative.

Why not have the bag search at the half dozen or so entrances to the exterior surrounds of the ground. Once you are through that search area it frees up the queuing process and might encourage use of the tent and other outside hospitality in the future until closer to kick off, or is that too sensible?

Why not have the bag search at the half dozen or so entrances to the exterior surrounds of the ground. Once you are through that search area it frees up the queuing process and might encourage use of the tent and other outside hospitality in the future until closer to kick off, or is that too sensible?

Which is what they did at St Mary's last season... at least to away fans.

;