Season tickets

At the request of the TO I wrote to my doctor enclosing a sae for a letter to confirm we had a genuine shielding issue. My wife and I are over 70 and she had an official letter from the doctors back in March advising her to shield until mid June.

Subsequently had a message to phone the doctors. Was told I needed an authorisation letter from my wife and to send it in with £20 in cash to cover the standard fee. Sent this in under protest about the fee. Been with them for 35 years.

On Friday afternoon out of the blue had a phone call from a young lad from the TO. Could he take my card details for the 10% shielding fee to suspend my season ticket.

But you haven't had my doctors letter yet which is somewhere in the post to me from the doctors.

Oh we don't need that anymore. Management decision to scrap the need for that!

You can't make it up.

I will be complaining to Jeff to get my wasted £20 back.

At the request of the TO I wrote to my doctor enclosing a sae for a letter to confirm we had a genuine shielding issue. My wife and I are over 70 and she had an official letter from the doctors back in March advising her to shield until mid June.

Subsequently had a message to phone the doctors. Was told I needed an authorisation letter from my wife and to send it in with £20 in cash to cover the standard fee. Sent this in under protest about the fee. Been with them for 35 years.

On Friday afternoon out of the blue had a phone call from a young lad from the TO. Could he take my card details for the 10% shielding fee to suspend my season ticket.

But you haven't had my doctors letter yet which is somewhere in the post to me from the doctors.

Oh we don't need that anymore. Management decision to scrap the need for that!

You can't make it up.

I will be complaining to Jeff to get my wasted £20 back.

Paul, didn’t you have a copy of the Government/NHS letter to send to the club?

That was all I was originally asked for when I brought the subject up re medical proof after what you mentioned re some might have been abusing it.

Last edited:
Emailed the club last week to see if there would be an opportunity to buy ST's this season should there be any not renewed this year, got this response.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we are not selling any new season tickets, due to the high renewal rates, unfortunately not being enough to issue any more. New season tickets are something we are hoping to revisit if and when the stadium has been expanded, however this is not guaranteed.

We have not opened a season ticket waiting list. We currently do not have any information regarding when a waiting list will be put into place in the future as this has yet to be discussed and decided. If a waiting list were to open, or any new season tickets were to become available we would announce this on our website.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards
Nick (Ticketing Assistant)

Was surprised with the line about stadium expansion and I'd imagine this will change if we drop down again.

This could get really messy.

Surely there can't be that many people who don't fancy it next season?

End of the day, for next season at least, we don't need the money.

I don't like the idea of people who are to frightened to go to DC being penalised.
This virus is an absolute pig of a disease.
I think you’re confusing it with Swine flu Ken?

Last edited:
A quick message for Bill and others with comorbidities.

The biggest threat to your life on match day attending DC would be your mode of transport to and from the ground and not from Covid. You are way more likely to die in a car crash than from catching Covid on that day and even more likely if you cycle to the ground.

Add to that the fact that the infection rate locally is now incredibly low. Fresh data (received in e-mail from Consultant Microbiologist 4 days ago) suggest the infection rate here is about 2 per 100,000 population so a rough guess puts that at about 8-10 cases locally. So the actual chances of someone positive being in the 3,500 or so attending a home match is incredibly small.

Also factor in that the transmission of Covid in an outdoor setting is very unlikely especially if some degree of social distancing happens and there's a fair chance quite a few / maybe even alot of people WILL be wearing masks. An unkown posiitve individual is way less likely to transmit if wearing a mask.

The reading of the situation is very different to the discussions we had about attending the Palace home game when info was scant about numbers in the area and transmission. We've all learnt as we've gone through this new disese. At that time we thought a capacity DC was going to be awash with positive cases and no distancing and mask wearing.

Also bear in mind that the mortality locally has been low even amongst those with comorbidities. Even a patient with a heart lung tranplant and on immunosuppression surviving. Whilst any medical death is tragic we didn't have any surprises at Poole. Deaths were amonst an incredibly frail cohort of people. Getting Covid is not a death sentence by any stretch of the imagination and becoming less so now we have ways to tackle the disease .... non-invasive ventilation versus invasive, retrovirals, dexamethasone.

Just like being an actuary you have to way up your own medical risk versus these circumstances. If you feel you are high risk then you may feel the individual risk is too high. Caution if you are very elderly and frail, BAME with coronary artery disease.

If people are thinking of attending DC there are ways to make it safe if you're prepared to take the measures. At Poole hospital we have worked in close proximity to Covid positive patients for hours on end (my longest being 4.5 hours) with no member of the theatre team / intensive care team falling ill from Covid that I am aware of. This does entail though wearing a full PPE mask which is a little uncomfortable and will leave strap masks. They are pretty easy to come by now via local suppliers. Feel free to PM me and ask.
If fitted properly and you paid attention to hand hygiene you would be extremely safe.

Anyway Bill, best wishes and feel free to message me. Hope you're well.

Has anyone had a refund from the first home game yet ?
Paying for mine on credit card , just wondering about timescales etc ?
Cheers .

I got £47.82 refunded last night. not sure what that covers?!

A quick message for Bill and others with comorbidities.

The biggest threat to your life on match day attending DC would be your mode of transport to and from the ground and not from Covid. You are way more likely to die in a car crash than from catching Covid on that day and even more likely if you cycle to the ground.

Add to that the fact that the infection rate locally is now incredibly low. Fresh data (received in e-mail from Consultant Microbiologist 4 days ago) suggest the infection rate here is about 2 per 100,000 population so a rough guess puts that at about 8-10 cases locally. So the actual chances of someone positive being in the 3,500 or so attending a home match is incredibly small.

Also factor in that the transmission of Covid in an outdoor setting is very unlikely especially if some degree of social distancing happens and there's a fair chance quite a few / maybe even alot of people WILL be wearing masks. An unkown posiitve individual is way less likely to transmit if wearing a mask.

The reading of the situation is very different to the discussions we had about attending the Palace home game when info was scant about numbers in the area and transmission. We've all learnt as we've gone through this new disese. At that time we thought a capacity DC was going to be awash with positive cases and no distancing and mask wearing.

Also bear in mind that the mortality locally has been low even amongst those with comorbidities. Even a patient with a heart lung tranplant and on immunosuppression surviving. Whilst any medical death is tragic we didn't have any surprises at Poole. Deaths were amonst an incredibly frail cohort of people. Getting Covid is not a death sentence by any stretch of the imagination and becoming less so now we have ways to tackle the disease .... non-invasive ventilation versus invasive, retrovirals, dexamethasone.

Just like being an actuary you have to way up your own medical risk versus these circumstances. If you feel you are high risk then you may feel the individual risk is too high. Caution if you are very elderly and frail, BAME with coronary artery disease.

If people are thinking of attending DC there are ways to make it safe if you're prepared to take the measures. At Poole hospital we have worked in close proximity to Covid positive patients for hours on end (my longest being 4.5 hours) with no member of the theatre team / intensive care team falling ill from Covid that I am aware of. This does entail though wearing a full PPE mask which is a little uncomfortable and will leave strap masks. They are pretty easy to come by now via local suppliers. Feel free to PM me and ask.
If fitted properly and you paid attention to hand hygiene you would be extremely safe.

Anyway Bill, best wishes and feel free to message me. Hope you're well.

Only just seen this, thanks.

Had my last treatment on Monday (started last October).

;