Shane Long

Because describing a loan signing that's been a bit ineffectual as "the worst transfer decision of the last three years" is way over the top. Even if you ignore the car crash transfer dealings with Fraser and King it's a bit like describing a prang in a car park as "the worst car accident I've seen in years". Way OTT.

Did you think Kenwyne Jones was bad business or was that one point enough to save him from such indignation?

Loan moves by their nature are a way of taking a punt on someone without the risk associated with a full transfer.

Car accident implies tragedy, like worst injury in years
Transfer is neutral lanuage, like worst episode of MOTD in years

You love to get all wound up and argue over the daftest of things.

Car accident implies tragedy, like worst injury in years
Transfer is netural lanuage, like worst episode of MOTD in years

I am not wound up in the slightest.

You're tying yourself in knots here with language rules you're making up on the spot.

Car accident implies tragedy apparently. Worst transfer in years is neutral. :shrug:

I agree. It was very daft when you said that Long was the worst transfer decision the club had made in years. Years in which we turned down good money for King and possibly Fraser, kept these bad eggs in our squad and potentially cost ourselves Premier League football twice.

But yeah, Shane Long's goals didn't really count for anything. :rofl:

Someone actually capable of coming up with a name instead of getting their knickers in twist. I thought he was sold for a £1M?

If we're counting loans, I'm not sure what Riquelme has done for that piece of business to be deemed better than Long's. Not that I think either were particularly bad actually. Riquelme provides back-up and could have been an amazing prospect. Worth a loan to find out. Long may be having a positive influence in the dressing room which we aren't privy too. I think you're metrics are too narrow to brand something either worst or best.

Last edited:
Signed last minute as King had left late on deadline day. Not much choice left I expect.
Of course if we hadn’t signed anyone and our two remaining strikers got them selves injured there would have been Waz style meltdowns all over this site. :D

Signed last minute as King had left late on deadline day. Not much choice left I expect.
Of course if we hadn’t signed anyone and our two remaining strikers got them selves injured there would have been Waz style meltdowns all over this site. :D

exactly, like I mentioned before, probably as good as we were going to get, being realistic.

;