Silva

Have a read of the Watford forum. It's comedy gold. They're absolutely scathing about Silva and saying it's was right to sack him which is fine as an opinion. However, the hilarious part is how critical they are of him for not showing loyalty to them when Everton came calling and so it was all his fault. Someone should point out that loyalty is a two way street and if you sack a manager every year anyone new probably won't be all that committed to you long-term and so will likely jump at the chance of a move somewhere else.

davygravy - 21/1/2018 10:42

That is ridiculous!

But also very funny. And I still remember people on here at the start of this season wetting themselves about how good the Bitters were ;-)

You can’t deny that they saw us off pretty easily early in the season. Looked a mile better at that stage in the season

Ivyhouse - 21/1/2018 12:09

davygravy - 21/1/2018 10:42

That is ridiculous!

But also very funny. And I still remember people on here at the start of this season wetting themselves about how good the Bitters were ;-)

You can’t deny that they saw us off pretty easily early in the season. Looked a mile better at that stage in the season

Bet they wouldn’t now though.

We look a totally different side now to the one that started the season.

So do Watford.

So they turned down £20m in compensation. A few months later they sack him, probably costing them another £4m in Silva’s pay off. Now they need to find another manager which will no doubt cost them a few quid too.

They can blame Everton all they like, the ego of the Pozzo’s has cost Watford best part of £30m

Not much wrong with Silva! The PLAYERS switched off after a brilliant start which seems to happen often these days and does occasionally at Afcb! They would absolutely love to have Eddie - and he was born near there I think! Mm! I Must not tempt fate!

It's funny what a tough run of fixtures will do to a team or a manager's career path.

Whilst Brighton, Watford & Huddersfield were beating Swansea and the like and we were playing some our toughest games these teams were used as a stick to beat us with by some.

Funny that it's gone a bit quieter now........

Why are people surprised? Their form is absolutely atrocious. Something had to change if there is no confidence with players and other staff that he can turn it around. If Southampton win tonight, they're only 3 points above the relegation zone...

Imo it was a good decision to get rid of him.

If it was the a good decision to sack him, as a few journalists are saying too, then not taking the money from Everton must rank as one of the worst decisions in history.

Wrong to sack him but if Watford had any sense they could have acted earlier however and gone for one of the Worlds top ten managers in IMO despite what the ' short plankers' on this forum think - one T.PULIS . Ok he made mistakes early on as a manager here, but don't they all even Clough did at Hartlepool! Middlesboro 3-0 away on Sat Hardly boring! If Eddie ever goes its Tony please! Stability !

BillMcgarrycherry - 21/1/2018 13:00

Wrong to sack him but if Watford had any sense they could have acted earlier however and gone for one of the Worlds top ten managers in IMO despite what the ' short plankers' on this forum think - one T.PULIS . Ok he made mistakes early on as a manager here, but don't they all even Clough did at Hartlepool! Middlesboro 3-0 away on Sat Hardly boring! If Eddie ever goes its Tony please! Stability !

Ooo you are naughty but I like you :hihi:

kirsikka - 21/1/2018 11:13

They are unintentionally hilarious as a club. To be fair to them, the constant changing of their manager didn't stop them from getting promoted or staying up so it's worked better for them than the methods of other clubs. However, you have to think they'll get it wrong sometime. For example, if this is a bad appointment then they'll go down.

Anyone have an email address for the Pozzos? I want to recommend Paul Groves to them.

Get him to change his name to Paulo Grovsio - he'll be a shoe in!! :hihi:

Ken Baileys Ghost - 21/1/2018 11:12

As DJ says, if the Scummers get hammered this afternoon Silva could be managing there by this time next week.

World's gone mad.

No KBG for world to have gonemad, scummers get hammered this afternoon and Eddie is managing there by this time next week. :eyes:

Poor old Groves - time to lay off the bloke surely? Didn't get much luck! What if Eddie had just some pure bad luck early on. Could have destroyed what we have now!

Yes it was v unlucky for Groves to have one of the most expensively assembled squads in the division and absolutely zero talent as a manager. I honestly reckon most on here could have done better (probably not you tho Bill or docmandu) :)

Correct decision. Doesn't make it any less hilarious though.

:smack: :lol: :lol:

They're going to run out of Italians/Spanish people to employ soon, surely?

According to SSN they have a new manager lined up.

Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague has given Watford's prospective new manager Javier Gracia a ringing endorsement on Twitter.

Gracia, who has most recently managed Rubin Kazan, is expected to be named as Marco Silva's successor in the next 24 hours.

;