Silva

BillMcgarrycherry - 21/1/2018 13:40

Poor old Groves - time to lay off the bloke surely? Didn't get much luck! What if Eddie had just some pure bad luck early on. Could have destroyed what we have now!

Not sure what medication your on ,but lay off Groves ?? and you want Pulis as our next manager !!.....start reading the side effects of your tablets if I were you.

Poor old Groves - time to lay off the bloke surely? Didn't get much luck! What if Eddie had just some pure bad luck early on. Could have destroyed what we have now!

Squad was easily good enough for a top 6 finish, struggle to imagine anyone could have made more of a hash of it then he managed too.

Anyone remember that documentary about QPR a few years ago, when Briatori took over - they ended up getting through about ten managers over the course of the filming, which was a couple of years or so.

No tablets here Ted ! Every single person on this planet has a different brain and is free to express whatever they like from any angle - don't need to be on medication to see good in what others see bad! We've been here before aint we Ted? What will be said if Boro win against us sometime in the next
few seasons... Total exaggerations regarding this bloke IMO.

BillMcgarrycherry - 21/1/2018 17:24

No tablets here Ted ! Every single person on this planet has a different brain and is free to express whatever they like from any angle - don't need to be on medication to see good in what others see bad! We've been here before aint we Ted? What will be said if Boro win against us sometime in the next
few seasons... Total exaggerations regarding this bloke IMO.

It isn't his record as a manager, Bill, it is the awful dull football that Pulis's sides play, the "grind out a result at any costs" style - I don't think any of us want to watch it.
As a player I thought he was great for us - always gave 100%, guaranteed.

As for Groves - the football under him was dreadful - aimless, no end product. The fact that Eddie took Groves team from the relegation zone to promotion that season doesn't lie.

Fair comment about Pulis I suppose Punky - but with regard to Groves I only said it was time to lay off him after all this time - yep he messed up big style as we all know. I once dropped and damaged a peice of expensive test equipment on a ship, costing thousands, but it was forgotten by my boss shortly after due to my inexperience at the time.

TrevorMorganFanClub - 21/1/2018 17:51

This thread is one post about Jimmy Quinn as manager from being perfect...

....... or mention of Lee Bradbury’s “different class” rockery!

Ivyhouse - 21/1/2018 12:09

davygravy - 21/1/2018 10:42

That is ridiculous!

But also very funny. And I still remember people on here at the start of this season wetting themselves about how good the Bitters were ;-)

You can’t deny that they saw us off pretty easily early in the season. Looked a mile better at that stage in the season

That was the second game of the season??

Way too early to judge any team...always said this....even us! A proper feel of a team and its fortunes comes around now to March time!

MB1980 - 21/1/2018 14:19

Squad was easily good enough for a top 6 finish, struggle to imagine anyone could have made more of a hash of it then he managed too.

Whilst suggestions that we 'bought the Championship' are nonsense there is a fair argument to say we bought our way out of League One - we had the best squad by a distance, which says a lot about Groves' abilities as a manager - or lack of them.

;