Simon Francis

in my time the only better one i can think of was shaun teale. But franno is class on the ball for a centre half

He could be. One of life's mysteries as to why he never "made it" anywhere else. They both did well today. We'll see how good they really are next week. :eyes:

Can't really imagine someone like Shaun Teale in this team! If he was still playing, he'd have been in Pulis' side today.

AlGard - 10/9/2016 17:59

Roger Brown was. But before your hedonistic time.

Thanks Al, I know who Roger Brown was. Saw him play many times.

It was a question, thats why I was expecting people to throw their names in the hat.

One thing I would say is that I think Franno is a far better centre back than Cook.

Franno is not 'a far better centre back than Cook'. Both played well today though - and have for most of this season. Good to see.

Franno did really well today, pushing for MOM, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! More solid shifts like that (and maybe against better opposition) and who knows!

northstandmark - 10/9/2016 18:34

Franno did really well today, pushing for MOM, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! More solid shifts like that (and maybe against better opposition) and who knows!

I was basing it on last season as well, not just one game ;)

Different era against a totally different standard of player, but Ian Cox was immense ...... in partnership with some young upstart named Howe.

Druss_the_Legend - 10/9/2016 18:28

AlGard - 10/9/2016 17:59

One thing I would say is that I think Franno is a far better centre back than Cook.

Does it matter ?

For the record ,Cook is chronically undervalued by our fans - ask other fans views and pundits alike and they all rate Cook very highly.

This is the top league so we can only really compare our centre halfs we have on our books.

Those from the past were playing in a lower league so we wouldn't know how good they would be up against some of the best strikers that we come up again in this league, one error and you are punished.

;