Simon Francis

Brown was awful I lost count of the amount of times he sliced the ball over the new stand

He was all we had because we were always skint

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/bournemouth-launch-appeal-against-simon-9561083

Don't think it will succeed but maybe the ref recorded it wrong, like that Wolves player...

I thought it was harsh, as it was from the side not the back, he only used one leg really and clearly got the ball. I think the ref thought it was extra harsh because the Arsenal lad was being tracked by another of our players so thought Franno was overkill

Can't see it being lifted though, I thought appeals were (supposedly) only possible for mistaken identity

He might record in his report that he made not contact with the ball, which he clearly did.

That was not even a foul let alone a card.

Dermot Gallagher on SSN thinks it was a nailed on red and will be very surprised if we win the appeal. He thinks it was dangerous and Francis was nowhere near the ball.

I thought it was harsh but think we have no chance of winning the appeal.

No chance of winning it. Not sure why we would appeal when the game missed is a game we don't need him to feature in.

Silent AFCB - 4/1/2017 11:53

No chance of winning it. Not sure why we would appeal when the game missed is a game we don't need him to feature in.

If the ref put the red down in his report as violent conduct - it'll be a 3 game ban.

3 game ban for dangerous play. Would miss Millwall, Hull and Watford.

northstandmark - 4/1/2017 11:58

If the ref put the red down in his report as violent conduct - it'll be a 3 game ban.

This is the only way I can see the appeal making sense or being successful, to reduce it from violent conduct to serious foul play

Serious foul play and violent conduct both attract automatic 3 game bans.

A bad tackle comes under the category of serious foul play, which is what Franno was sent off for (not VC)

The only reds that result in automatic one-match bans are those for 2 yellows, and for DOGSO.

Nailed on appeal, Eddie knew it at the time but didn't want to commit without seeing some replays.

Only problem could be the classic "in the opinion of the referee" so if the ref saw it clearly they would uphold the decision.

https://playtheadvantage.com/2014/02/06/what-a-red-card-appeal-really-means-part-one/

In that case by the letter of the law we'll have a game added for a frivolous appeal

In my opinion it was never a red, but at the same time, I can't see how the PGMOL/FA/PremLeague/Whoever won't back their man

I think everyone is skirting around the real issue here.

Aaron Ramsey got his leg broke before so the referee crapped his pants and sent Francis off, just as he would have were it Jack Wilshere or Luke Shaw or any other high profile player who'd suffered a significant injury previously.

The more I think about yesterday the more angry I get about how badly Oliver suffered from big-club-itis and how hypocritical Arsenal and Wenger are.

Per my post in the other thread, according to the letter of the law if a challenge is deemed as 'reckless' the player should be cautioned with a yellow card ONLY. A player should only be sent off when 'excessive force' is used by the player whereby he has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of causing injury to the opponent.

The challenge warranted a yellow card at most and even then it's debatable whether or not it should have been deemed as reckless. He certainly won't be hit with an additional suspension as there's no way the appeal could be seen as frivolous.

Seen on twitter, Sofiane Feghouli has successfully appealed against his red, similar challenge to Frannos and if anything he went in more aggressively, good chance of overturning it I would think

simonhpieman - 4/1/2017 13:35

I think everyone is skirting around the real issue here.

Aaron Ramsey got his leg broke before so the referee crapped his pants and sent Francis off, just as he would have were it Jack Wilshere or Luke Shaw or any other high profile player who'd suffered a significant injury previously.

Simply not true, Wilshire receives similar tackles week in, week out and cards are never shown for it.

;