Simpson & Mepham

He played left side of the centre back pair at Brentford. He's a bit like Steve Cook in that respect. So it would be Mepham and Francis, assuming Stacey is available at right back.

Lets hope Diego Rico doesn't pick up another booking and a suspension...
Didn't realise he played left side for Brentford until today..... wouldn't mind seeing him there while Ake's out to see if there's any difference in his positioning .

May get worse as I was told Rico is one yellow card away from a suspension!

NB interesting how Leeds coped with defensive injuries yesterday with a deep lying midfielder dropping back to fill the gap down the middle of the back four that consisted solely of fullbacks playing. IMHO Surman could do that type of role well.

NB interesting how Leeds coped with defensive injuries yesterday with a deep lying midfielder dropping back to fill the gap down the middle of the back four that consisted solely of fullbacks playing. IMHO Surman could do that type of role well.
Lots of sides have done this. Busquets at Barca, Fernandinho at City and Dier at Spurs with not quite the same success. Either way we’d need a 3rd midfielder and just one striker which would create a massive debate on here in itself

This. Did you notice how quickly Firmino in particular closed down our CB’s?
But if they did this that would open up acres of space in the middle of the park for Henderson etc so its not always that sample. Of course we could push the midfield and defence 20 yards up the pitch too. Can’t see that being helpful with well known speed merchants Simpson, Francis and Mepham in our back 4...

Lots of sides have done this. Busquets at Barca, Fernandinho at City and Dier at Spurs with not quite the same success. Either way we’d need a 3rd midfielder and just one striker which would create a massive debate on here in itself

Yep, tough managing a team with so many injuries!

...we must just get behind whoever Eddie picks to play games. It adds nothing to our cause just blatantly blaming individuals and slagging them off on here, I hope that the players don’t read some of the absolute tosh posted on here by fans who should know better but actually in the main don’t...clubs lose players through injury and have to cope we are no different! So please get behind Mepham,Simpson,Solanke and whoever Eddie picks no matter what you may think of them!

Must be fake news this because Leeds play a possession based game and expert analysis shows that only teams who play low possession counter attacking football get injuries. I think that's right anyway.

“try Billing in defence because he’s tall”

After seeing him beaten in the air by Firmino at a corner on Saturday I don’t think this is the answer!

I hope Kelly is fit enough to get a look in soon

Shame (?) Brad Smith isn't registered to play with us - wonder if he'll be added to the list in January?!

Just imagine a back 4 of Brad Smith Mepham Simpson and Francis. ....it's a bit like hoping the Labour party win the election just to see what a f@ck up it would be
:grinning: :grinning: ......ok ok I'm only joking. ....;)

If we are thinking emergency CBs then I think Lerma could do a job.
Imagine Mepham and Franno will cover it at Chelsea though.

;