Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Grimsby Wembley

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Forest promotion 1-0

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
February 21, 1995
AFC Bournemouth 2-1 Birmingham
The best match I've ever seen live. We should have rolled over and let Barry Fry's expensive team tickle our bellies.
But under the floodlights, it didn't happen.

3-1 at Blackpool, (?Hayter hat-trick?). We looked like Real Madrid.

Or, because it was Eddie's reserve Cup team, 3-0 at Cardiff. Shouting the "olé's" after just 15 minutes

Yesterdays game was great as I really detest Manure, but that night vs Bolton was so brilliant because of reaching the ultimate dream of EPL football.

All of the choices are worthy for what they meant at the time. I voted and always will do the 1984 Cup game vs Utd. Only because att he time we were a struggling Division 3 club, they were the cup holders when the FA Cup really meant something. Also no squad rotation in those days, so we faced Utd's best at that time

Yesterday for me was probably our biggest Premier League win given the ground it was at imo

For me, Chelsea away in December 2015 is the notable omission from your list. I’d have that joint first with the result yesterday given the context. They were defending champions; it was our first season in the premier league; Callum had done his ACL injured, we were in the bottom 3; results had been awful but we’d just had the 3-3 comeback at home v Everton…

Watford v Sheffield Wednesday, comes pretty close. I never watched it, other than on YouTube, but I really appreciated, that goal, the Wendie's vocal abilities and their sentiments. Not forgetting the glimpse of black plastic covering the 'Champion's celebratory stand' tucked away next to the main stand stand, that Watford never had the opportunity to use.

For me though it was Bolton, it was the culmination of a marathon season and the atmosphere was electric. Never seen so many people on a beach shortly afterwards, either!

The Man Utd game of '84 was my first a decided which team I would follow for the rest of my life, so that has to be one of my favourites, but how about Newcastle Vs AFCB in the FA cup 3rd round in 1992? The first leg at home was the most entertaining 0-0 draw I've ever seen I think both sides hit the woodwork more than twice each and then the replay where Kevin Bond managed to lift his leg high enough to kick the ball and score the equaliser (what the hell was he doing up there? There's no way he could run back fast enough if we lost the ball) we won on penalties and shut that smug git Gavin Peacock up.
Yesterday is right up there though, it's the first time I've taken all 3 of my kids to an away game and it was special.

The Man Utd game of '84 was my first a decided which team I would follow for the rest of my life, so that has to be one of my favourites, but how about Newcastle Vs AFCB in the FA cup 3rd round in 1992? The first leg at home was the most entertaining 0-0 draw I've ever seen I think both sides hit the woodwork more than twice each and then the replay where Kevin Bond managed to lift his leg high enough to kick the ball and score the equaliser (what the hell was he doing up there? There's no way he could run back fast enough if we lost the ball) we won on penalties and shut that smug git Gavin Peacock up.
Yesterday is right up there though, it's the first time I've taken all 3 of my kids to an away game and it was special.
Would have loved to have seen the game up there. I watched 17 minutes of fog.

From the list I go Bolton. Fantastic as those Prem wins are, for me I’ve always enjoyed the journey more than the destination.

For my own list the one I always come back to is the Walsall AWS semi, though appreciate it won’t get many votes. Frank Rolling scoring the winner (pretty sure he got the winner in the quarters too). I remember not being able to concentrate at school on the day of the game and when the winner went in it was even better being able to go crazy on the South End without cracking my shins unlike these days! Amazing elation!

It's a difficult one, because if it's purely about the total overall quality of performance over 90 minutes, then yesterday's result has to be near the top.
If it's going to include all those contextual things that bring up so many emotions (like avoiding relegation, or earning promotion, or breaking a losing streak, ...) then it probably isn't at the top.
For me the emotion of the Liverpool 4-3 was something else, whereas we led ManU for well over 90 minutes of football yesterday so the elation at the end is not the same.

TBF, the performance against Villa was also incredible; it was only the result that was missing and that was largely due to coming up against possibly the world's best goalkeeper.

Yesterday's AFCB would handily destroy any AFCB team of yesteryear, even if previous teams have generated superior levels of euphoria.

Yesterday was brilliant. No doubt.

But many fans expected us to get a result as Man Utd are a bit of a train wreck of a team despite the surreal sweep of November monthly awards. I think we are the fifth team to score 3 past them this season.

I think the 4-3 over a liverpool side undefeated in 20 or so games was an incredible achievement plus had the drama.

1-0 at champions Chelsea was a spectacular result in 15/16 although again they were struggling.

I expect we will chose a diffrent game for different reasons. Maybe, like dr who, we have to divide into classic and new or prePrem and Prem.

;