so jack's not coming

West Moors Cherry - 9/2/2017 18:01

The perfect example of how stats can be used for anything and mean nothing.

Easily our best player at the moment.

I know it's a couple of leagues up, but you can put forward a case for the Darren Anderton arguement.

Great player, but maybe too good for those around him.

West Moors Cherry - 9/2/2017 18:58

Definitely KBG.

Does that work for Mohammed Berthe as well?

Stoke 5th Sept 98

He was so much better than his team mates that he was taken off after 17 minutes to save their blushes.

I was there, one of the most extraordinary performances.
Berthe hugged the touchline, so much so that he was nearer to it than the linesman most of the time.

The other make weights that day were:

M Ovendale, N Young, J Vincent, E Howe, M Berthe (D Town, 17 (J Tindall, 75)), J Bailey (M Dean, 78), I Cox yellow card, S Robinson, M Stein, S Fletcher, R Hughes

Hell of a team that was.

With the current spirit of our fans on social media shall I just say every player at AFCB is crap.
There.
Will that do?
Oh and the manager is also bloody awful.
Good.
That should do it.....

Ken Baileys Ghost - 9/2/2017 19:14

Definitely KBG.

Stoke 5th Sept 98

He was so much better than his team mates that he was taken off after 17 minutes to save their blushes.

Berthe hugged the touchline, so much so that he was nearer to it than the linesman most of the time.

M Ovendale, N Young, J Vincent, E Howe, M Berthe (D Town, 17 (J Tindall, 75)), J Bailey (M Dean, 78), I Cox yellow card, S Robinson, M Stein, S Fletcher, R Hughes

Hell of a team that was.

that was a good side apart from Berthe.
Finished 7th that season - they don't want to go up was the cry !!!

only had to beat a mediocre Wreham at home final game to get into the playoffs. Such a disappointing afternoon.

MB1980 - 9/2/2017 20:03

only had to beat a mediocre Wreham at home final game to get into the playoffs. Such a disappointing afternoon.

Bit like that 2-2 draw with Hartlepool under o'driscoll - the energy seem to be drained from the players in the second half

Both the Wrexham and Hartlepool games were really strange.

It was almost as if the team had been told not to win because financially we didn't have the resources to get promoted.

I fully expected the Bolton home game in the Championship to be the same. :grin:

redharry - 9/2/2017 19:29

Ken Baileys Ghost - 9/2/2017 19:14

Definitely KBG.

Stoke 5th Sept 98

Hell of a team that was.

that was a good side apart from Berthe.
Finished 7th that season - they don't want to go up was the cry !!!

I was still a bit of a whipper snapper when Berthe was about. I remember reading loads about him in the Echo and a mate at school who was a Junior Cherry told me he was massive.

I might be struggling to read between the lines slightly here - was he completely useless?

ErikthViking - 9/2/2017 15:22

When you see Jack Wilshire on the ball, you are watching class. He makes room, opposition players back off. When Wilshire gets the ball there is always a positive feeling.

Whatever he costs, he is worth it.*

If King/Afobe could make more runs into space and Wilshire could feed more through, we would see more goals. Perhaps, also, if he were to have a pop himself.

*Given the stupid sums of money that wash through the Premier League.

A prime example being the ball through to King for the first goal at Everton last week. Nobody else in the side would have had the vision to make that pass.

I have wanted King to play in front of Wilshere all season. He is the only player that once away doesn't get caught....and Wilshere and Arter are the only two players that can find him.

It's very frustrating that in the three games we had to win in January we played King deep, Wilshere deep and dropped Arter for two of them. That's what has got us back in the poo. Not losing to a very strong Everton away or if we don't beat mega rich City.

Neil Dawson - 10/2/2017 10:06

I have wanted King to play in front of Wilshere all season. He is the only player that once away doesn't get caught....and Wilshere and Arter are the only two players that can find him.

It's very frustrating that in the three games we had to win in January we played King deep, Wilshere deep and dropped Arter for two of them. That's what has got us back in the poo. Not losing to a very strong Everton away or if we don't beat mega rich City.

I couldn't agree more with this.

We have to get forward and penetrate the final third, if we are going to stand a chance at goal.

It really is extraordinary that such a rancid piece of bait could attract this much interest.....however if a hypothetical situation arose were we were to turn down the chance to sign Jack it wouldn't be about money but rather to avoid disrupting the emergence of Lewis Cook and Emerson Hyndman ...imho.

Of course your right Rob .....although the judging/guessing as to our managers character is quite ridiculous...

Topfarrier - 10/2/2017 09:28

It really is extraordinary that such a rancid piece of bait could attract this much interest.....however if a hypothetical situation arose were we were to turn down the chance to sign Jack it wouldn't be about money but rather to avoid disrupting the emergence of Lewis Cook and Emerson Hyndman ...imho.

Prior to the names above the only CM signed since the summer of 2012 was Surman. It really has been a position not really strengthened (by recruitment) since we were in League 1 with Lee (couldn't hit a) Barnyard on loan.

If we could get Jack signed up I'd be delighted, I think there's a hole in the age range of our players at 25 as I can't see Hyndman and Cook at 21 replacing 31 year old Surman. Having a 26 year old Wilshire with Gosling and Arter at 28 and Surman at 31 next season should be enough for decent midfield. The following year I'd expect Cook and Hyndman to start to challenge Surman if not Gosling and Arter for positions.

Plus it seems we struggle a little with recruitment so I'd be happier with one outstanding player than hoping one of two guys on half pay will be the next Marez or Payet.

;