so jack's not coming

Ken Baileys Ghost - 9/2/2017 19:14
The other make weights that day were:

M Ovendale, N Young, J Vincent, E Howe, M Berthe (D Town, 17 (J Tindall, 75)), J Bailey (M Dean, 78), I Cox yellow card, S Robinson, M Stein, S Fletcher, R Hughes

Hell of a team that was.

Those "Make Weights" are pretty much our current Management team.

How would: Young, Howe, Cox, Vincent
Compare to our current defence I wonder? Interesting thought. 4 excellent individuals who all could have played higher, 3 of them did to some extent of course. But the PL is such a test.

...think that only Cox would have a PL chance IMO...good though the rest were at our level...Howe we will never know due to injury...Young (ex Spurs) and Vincent (Ex Palace) never got near their first club team selection...

Well, very interesting article from the Guardian on Eddie wanting to sign Jack:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/10/eddie-howe-makes-clear-desire-to-sign-jack-wilshere-on-permanent-deal
Although most concerning line for me was the last line: "Simon Francis, Adam Smith and Charlie Daniels, all key members of Bournemouth’s first-choice back-line, have failed to train this week due to injury."

Howe played England under 21 which was very unusual in those times. He was an outstanding centre half before his injuries cultured, read the game superbly, brave. Slightly lacked a couple of inches height maybe but that tends to be less important higher up and his positioning made up for it.

I think, injury free he may have stood a chance of a long top level career.

Neil Dawson - 10/2/2017 17:30
to be less important higher up and his positioning made up for it.

I think, injury free he may have stood a chance of a long top level career.

Thank God he didn't.

He'd probably have made enough money to retire without bothering with management.

"Welcome to our coverage of the Cherries against Dagenham and Redbridge here at the Dave Wells Property Stadium; today's summariser is ex Bournemouth, Manchester United and England legend, Eddie Howe."

;