So when will the Spurs match be played

The current Sky schedule shows the following four matches as subject to change depending on the Champions League. Not sure but I don’t think the slots themselves can change:

Sat 4 May, 12.30 - Man City v Leicester
Sun 5 May, 14.00 - Huddersfield v Man Utd
Sun 5 May, 16.30 - Newcastle v Liverpool
Mon 6 May, 20.00 - AFCB v Spurs

Obviously they will move one of the Manchester clubs’ matches to Monday. Liverpool play their second leg on Tuesday 7 May, Spurs on Wed 8 May. So I expect Liverpool are lobbying Sky to move their match to Saturday which means our match with Spurs would take place on Sunday, most likely in the 16.30 slot.

Sky might want to keep the Newcastle v Liverpool match in that prime Sunday afternoon slot of course. Cue a scouse outcry if they do.

Man City are live on Sky on Saturday lunchtime. Liverpool are scheduled for the Sun 4.30 slot so I can see the Liverpool game moving to Saturday as they play their semi final 1st leg on the Tuesday, we get moved to the Sun 4.30 slot and the Man City game gets moved to Monday. Liverpool and Tottenham both get an extra day before the CL games.

Saturday night is the most likely imo. Spurs will be fighting against Sunday when they have a massive game midweek. It’s about time the PL helps the English teams in Europe like they do on the continent.

As for them resting players, Son is suspended from the first leg so he will almost certainly play.

I recall quite a few Saturday evening kick-offs back in the late 1960s, mostly during August and September.

I think the idea was that all the holidaymakers would fancy a night out at the football after having spent the day on the beach.

Wouldn't mind seeing that come back for a few games next season.

I recall quite a few Saturday evening kick-offs back in the late 1960s, mostly during August and September.

I think the idea was that all the holidaymakers would fancy a night out at the football after having spent the day on the beach.

Wouldn't mind seeing that come back for a few games next season.

....although, with our current ground, without the holidaymakers!

I know a Chelsea fan up here in London that had Afcb as his second team solely on the basis of a regular summer holiday to see relatives who retired in Bmth and he usually took in one or two games at dean court during the holiday.

;