Soccer AM

Used to love Soccer AM in the (non-PC) old days. I've still been watching it on and off for the last few years, but only as there's nothing much else on at that time on a Saturday morning. The Bulldog / Fenners thing has got so old and stale - it was well past its sell by date a few years ago. If only they'd come up with some new features/ideas/presenters then it may have survived, but now it's just a pile of crap.

Used to like it up until "Fenners" replaced Rushden.

I think there were a few on here that were fans of the new format but I quite liked the stupid humour and it was one of the few places that catered to the whole football league. All that got replaced with a bunch of Northerners on a couch shouting over each other and I never watch it since.

Fair to say the current shows target audience wouldn’t be on this board. :)

I’d guess anyone who was born before this show started would have grown out of it a while ago.

The car park bit is sometimes worth two or three minutes, no idea what they do for the other hour and a half.

Used to love this show back in the Tim and Helen era - great fun , not to be taken seriously.
I remember watching it on the weekend of the Autoglass Fonal v Grimsby back in 98 - our fans and Grimsby fans on there ….
The socerette was a girl I knew back in Watford many years ago ! Our families were close through the mums …. This hirl
Was hopelessly pretty when she was younger too and I could never speak to her without going all embarrassed red and dry mouthed :grinning:

We all lost touch donkeys years ago unfortunately…..

It used to be good in the Lovejoy and then Rushden days, very good in fact. The switch to Bullard and this Fenners guy has made it unwatchable though, two insecure chaps trying very hard to come across as ‘lads’ and resulting in the most cringeworthy banter known to man, Bullard in particular shouldn’t be allowed near a television camera.

It used to be good in the Lovejoy and then Rushden days, very good in fact. The switch to Bullard and this Fenners guy has made it unwatchable though, two insecure chaps trying very hard to come across as ‘lads’ and resulting in the most cringeworthy banter known to man, Bullard in particular shouldn’t be allowed near a television camera.

Bullard is an idiot. In real life a 'Do you know who I am type'.

;