Spending

" if the Daily Star is to be believed, was earning a reported £110,000-a-week wages prior to the club’s relegation." That's a big IF!
"Daily Express reporter Ryan Taylor posted on his Twitter account that Begovic was AFC Bournemouth’s “top earner by a considerable distance (£73,000 a week) so getting him off the bill is huge for them“."

Why would Asmir or anyone at the Club tell these two what he was earning? And the two figures quoted with such certainty are only a mere £37K different anyway.

Why would all the Saints squad reveal to the press and media what they were earning?

It strikes me that all this stuff is either made up or based on assumptions, and then gets recirculated by the gullible via the internet echo chamber until everyone takes it as gospel - well apart from those of us who take all this rubbish with a pinch of salt.
73k is what the athletic reported too. Obviously some sources are more reliable than others.

" if the Daily Star is to be believed, was earning a reported £110,000-a-week wages prior to the club’s relegation." That's a big IF!
"Daily Express reporter Ryan Taylor posted on his Twitter account that Begovic was AFC Bournemouth’s “top earner by a considerable distance (£73,000 a week) so getting him off the bill is huge for them“."

Why would Asmir or anyone at the Club tell these two what he was earning? And the two figures quoted with such certainty are only a mere £37K different anyway.

Why would all the Saints squad reveal to the press and media what they were earning?

It strikes me that all this stuff is either made up or based on assumptions, and then gets recirculated by the gullible via the internet echo chamber until everyone takes it as gospel - well apart from those of us who take all this rubbish with a pinch of salt.

Why wouldn't it be known? Football is a small world and agreed deals will be open secrets as players agents negotiate new contracts citing examples.

"Hi Asmir, this is the Athletic calling. Would you mind telling me how much you earn every week?"
"No problem, I'm being paid £73,000 per week, and I want everyone to know, thanks for asking"

"Hi Asmir, this is the Daily Express calling. Would you mind telling me how much you earn every week?"
"No problem, I'm being paid £73,000 per week, and I want everyone to know, thanks for asking"

Why wouldn't it be known? Football is a small world and agreed deals will be open secrets as players agents negotiate new contracts citing examples.
Ah! Footballer's agents -there's another great source of truth and honesty of course! They have absolutely no interest in grossly inflating salary figures as they try to find clubs for their clients?

Ah! Footballer's agents -there's another great source of truth and honesty of course! They have absolutely no interest in grossly inflating salary figures as they try to find clubs for their clients?

There's a lot of money at stake and people make money from carrying out credible research on this.

https://www.capology.com/salary-database/

The club's total wage bill is in the public domain so it's fairly straightforward to check if the aggregate figures add up. Not sure why you'd take such an issue with this tbh.

I see Reading are likely to be deducted points for breaking EFL fair play rules according to the Guardian.

73k is what the athletic reported too. Obviously some sources are more reliable than others.
"Hi Asmir, this is the Athletic calling. Would you mind telling me how much you earn every week?"

"Hi Asmir, this is the Daily Express calling. Would you mind telling me how much you earn every week?"
How about, Asmir’s agent contacting other clubs: ‘I’m looking to move my client on, he is currently on 73k per week, can you better that?’
Athletic et al then learn this information through contacts at clubs and in the world of agents ect. Nobody thinks that a publication is phoning Asmir directly to ask what he’s on lol

I know it’s early days, but at the beginning of this season due to our injuries to normally first team choice players, Scott Parker has used our younger less experienced players.

Two who have turned out to be regulars and what players they have turned out to be in those first 8 games, Jaidon Anthony and Jordan Zemura.

Makes you wonder If we hadn’t had so many first team players injured, when those two youngsters, plus others would have got their chance in our opening 8 games.

We look outside our club for players and have to pay transfer fees sometimes, when they are already under our noses just waiting to get the chance to prove themselves.

We're probably not spending Max's own money these days, but between the amount of sales we've made, which will drip in over a few years, and 3 years of parachute payments, there is room to manoeuvre.

Some decent free transfers on no doubt competitive wages, and fees on the smaller side. Need to be allied to youth production which might return more sales in future.

I know it’s early days, but at the beginning of this season due to our injuries to normally first team choice players, Scott Parker has used our younger less experienced players.

Two who have turned out to be regulars and what players they have turned out to be in those first 8 games, Jaidon Anthony and Jordan Zemura.

Makes you wonder If we hadn’t had so many first team players injured, when those two youngsters, plus others would have got their chance in our opening 8 games.

We look outside our club for players and have to pay transfer fees sometimes, when they are already under our noses just waiting to get the chance to prove themselves.

This is true and you might argue that Zemura and Anthony could have had more of a shot last season as well.

Spot on Billy,I always remember a few years back we were skint as usual and had no strikers ,Sam Vokes was drafted in from the youth team as we had no strikers,he did well and went on to have a good career.

This season we bought Leif Davies in at left back on a season long loan but it's looking like he won't be getting much game time due to the emergence of Zemura.

He is weighing up his odds imo, he won't get it all back anyway, little or no money in football.
Max is a trader. He knows that the club can provide income and capital appreciation.

The only way that these are true is if we spend some time in the EPL.

So he may be taking a calculated risk, paying a proven promotion winner to return us to a division above. He then has the possibility of selling or managing the finances a bit more sensibly and taking an income.

But, just like commodity trading it's a high risk game, so none of it is certain.

Could it be said that Mr Parker, having himself played a good few seasons in the top Divisions would have a better idea of what players when brought into the club, would work successfully than did Mr Howe who did not play at that level.
Just an idea/ angle I stumbled on.

That being said, maybe highlights the miracle that Mr Howe pulled off in keeping that set of players in the PL for 4, almost 5 seasons....whereas quite a few of his signings didn't produce!

Mail reporting this morning that Christie fee likely to rise to 4m with achievable add ons. Lowe 1.5 rising to 2m. Thought it was worth a thread as there seemed to be an assumption knocking about that we are ‘strapped for cash.’ Putting it into context, this makes us the second highest spenders in the league behind Fulham, joint with Stoke. We may have sold Danjuma but WBA and Sheff U both recouped 20m+ and didn’t spend a penny, with higher parachute payments too. Perhaps we aren’t that cash strapped after all?
Mick McCarthy, after being beaten by our lads, always mentions the money we have spent, a bit of sour grapes I guess but he doesn't realise that Eddie instigated that all of our age groups sing from the same music sheet.
As for Luton Town, they haven't been the same since they lost Eric Morecambe.OBE.
UTC

;