Spurs v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 2 pm

I think you will find things have improved! ;)

Joking apart, think you may find this a good read.

The Big Smoke Settles In​

The smog was so dense that residents in some sections of the city were unable to see their feet as they walked. For five days, the Great Smog paralyzed London and crippled all transportation, except for the London Underground train system.

Because of poor visibility, boat traffic on the River Thames came to a halt. Flights were grounded and trains cancelled. Even during the middle of the day, drivers turned on their headlights and hanged their heads out car windows to inch ahead through the thick gloom. Many found the effort futile and simply abandoned their cars.

Conductors holding flashlights walked in front of London’s iconic double-decker buses to guide drivers down city streets. Wheezing pedestrians groped their way around the city’s neighborhoods and tried not to slip on the greasy black ooze that coated sidewalks. By the time they returned home, their faces and nostrils blackened by the air, Londoners resembled coal miners.

My mum tells me the story how she walked a mile or so home from work in the East End as the busses were not running, her father was 6 steps in front of her for most of the journey but she couldn’t see him as the smog was so bad

My mum tells me the story how she walked a mile or so home from work in the East End as the busses were not running, her father was 6 steps in front of her for most of the journey but she couldn’t see him as the smog was so bad
Is the match on any TV anywhere?

Great to see that we have numerous players for most positions. Keeps players fresh and ambitious. The bench will play an important part against a tired tottnum.

;