Stephen Purches - Graeme Jones

Feels like a positive move. I take the piss out of Neil but new ideas at this stage was surely a must and this guy seems to tick a lot of boxes. You'd think he'd be assistant manager though.

Maybe it has been recognised that coaching is where his talent's are at... Like I said I think it was nailed on for Purches as soon as Tindall was announced...

Fresh ideas from an external source is exactly what we need... I just hope Tindall is more open to advice and ideas than Eddie allegedly was...

Definitely an interesting appointment. Knows the division (and worked with some top players for Everton and Belgium) worked with Martinez for years as well, who encouraged a decent style of football.

Not displeased by Purches’ appointment either, as expected as it was. Feeling a bit more positive today.

I’m also pleased about the Purches appointment. If anyone was as close to being an Eddie clone you’d think Purches had the potential.

Remember recently when listening to Kris T on Solent that he said the players like working with Stephen Purches and he is more in the Eddie mold.

Good point. Keeps JT on his toes and nice succession planning by Max. Jones can spend a few months learning what we and the squad are all about and if JT doesn't get the results, Jones could be a ready made replacement.

Are the club developing a ruthless streak ? Seems to be a whole less chummy, more ruthless and efficient vibe about the place all of a sudden. Might not be a bad thing if we are ever to shake off the tinpot.

Still feels like the club is in slight disarray at the moment though. Things like the Surman incident suggest that we are struggling to keep on top of things organisationally. Still, it is a big upheaval and a short preseason, so maybe most clubs would struggle in this situation. I'm feeling generous ;)

So we are in disarray in a ruthless and efficient way ?? :clap: :eek!:

Peter Rutzler (The Athletic) made a good point as well that as well as expecting our youngsters to step up on the pitch, through youth academies etc. there is a philosophy in the club that the coaches continue to progress through the ranks also... So I would fully expect Purches' elevation to begin the ripple down through the other coaching positions...

;