Stephen Purches - Graeme Jones

Really pleased about Steve Purchase. New imputes from Graeme Jones not a bad thing. If the foreign coach has gone is that an indication his translating skills are no longer needed?

To be fair I half expected Purches to get the manager’s role so pleased with that and also bringing in Jones does sound a positive move.

Just need a few players incoming to add to the squad.

Dont really know any more about Jones than everyone else who's just gone and looked at his Wikipedia page etc. Vaguely knew the name. But I'm glad to see some outside experience come in.

Not sure what he'd make of coming in theoretically junior to JT and SP, 2 rookies in their respective positions. But if he's interested in the club and that structure, and thinks he can bring some benefit then that'll do me.

Dont really know any more about Jones than everyone else who's just gone and looked at his Wikipedia page etc. Vaguely knew the name. But I'm glad to see some outside experience come in.

Not sure what he'd make of coming in theoretically junior to JT and SP, 2 rookies in their respective positions. But if he's interested in the club and that structure, and thinks he can bring some benefit then that'll do me.

This seems a fair review of his time at Luton. Some good, some bad.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/...s-testing-11-months-charge-luton-town-2553395

Interviewed on talksport right now funnily enough, talking about Lukaku though who he spent a long time coaching with Everton and Belgium.

This seems a fair review of his time at Luton. Some good, some bad.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/...s-testing-11-months-charge-luton-town-2553395
"Conceding goals was always a massive issue, although worryingly not according to the manager, who often stated he would rather win 10-9 than keep a clean sheet, a tactic that was questionable at best."

Sounds like our kind of guy then !

Our very own Harry Cornick gets a mention in that article too. Seems to have responded well to Jones' coaching !

"Conceding goals was always a massive issue, although worryingly not according to the manager, who often stated he would rather win 10-9 than keep a clean sheet, a tactic that was questionable at best."

Sounds like our kind of guy then !

Our very own Harry Cornick gets a mention in that article too. Seems to have responded well to Jones' coaching !

Interesting mention of the impact of us taking Jack Stacey too. Hopefully knowing Jack he'll be able to get the best out of him.

From my Luton supporting friend about Jones: "Always had a good track record as a coach, but wasn’t able to make the step up into management. Think he’ll be a decent addition to back room staff but get someone good in as a defensive coach for balance, dear lord"

So yeah, as above really. Next season shouldn't be dull you'd think...

Really pleased about Graeme Jones coming in, had followed his progress in recent years, first with Martinez of course, obviously a part of teams that liked to try and play good football. That is a lot of experience to bring in and the way he used to play up front, that will help both Solanke and Surridge I would hope.

Maybe his spell at Luton shows that he is an excellent coach but perhaps not as a manager??

With him, Tindall and Purches, that is three high level coaches [ as in, they have all done the top level badges ], so surely this can only be a positive move for the club.

Well, in reply to my post on page 1 of this thread, it looks like the word is Quality.

An outside appointment, fresh ideas and different voice on the coaching staff. Surprised no one's thought of that before. Looks like our Jase is a bit of an innovator * : )

* ( insert fishing emoji here ) : )

Well, in reply to my post on page 1 of this thread, it looks like the word is Quality.

An outside appointment, fresh ideas and different voice on the coaching staff. Surprised no one's thought of that before. Looks like our Jase is a bit of an innovator * : )

* ( insert fishing emoji here ) : )
:grinning:

Interesting one this. Graeme Jones has got more experience than Purchase and Tindall (but not their experience with players and this club). He stated last year how management was for him now his sons had grown up.

He comes across very and assured and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had been the number 2 instead of Purchase. Will be interesting to see the dynamics evolve, especially with Fletch around.

Interesting one this. Graeme Jones has got more experience than Purchase and Tindall (but not their experience with players and this club). He stated last year how management was for him now his sons had grown up.

He comes across very and assured and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had been the number 2 instead of Purchase. Will be interesting to see the dynamics evolve, especially with Fletch around.
Don't worry ,....no one is going to pinch Fletchs job of collecting the balls and putting the cones out.....:grinning:

;