Steve Cook

But income is relevant and if we don't go up the £1.5m is going to be peanuts in comparison to the fees we'll get for Lerma, Kelly and So lanke.
How much do you think we're getting for them?.....we will have to show a loss of less than 30m....how much are we in the red atm?...and that's before we add on our massive wage bill for this season..... we'll have to sell a lot more than those three.

How much do you think we're getting for them?.....we will have to show a loss of less than 30m....how much are we in the red atm?...and that's before we add on our massive wage bill for this season..... we'll have to sell a lot more than those three.

I've no idea but if it's as bad as you say it's a bloody good job they didn't sign a three or four year contract with Steve Cook don't you think?

I've no idea but if it's as bad as you say it's a bloody good job they didn't sign a three or four year contract with Steve Cook don't you think?
If they had at least he would have been a saleable asset..as it is we got nothing for him and signed an inferior loan player for 1.5m plus his wages!

But income is relevant and if we don't go up the £1.5m is going to be peanuts in comparison to the fees we'll get for Lerma, Kelly and Solanke.

I agree with this. All three of those players are out of contract in 2023. If we don’t go up, they will be sold, probably along with Billing. Think we would get decent money for all of them except Lerma. £60m minimum for all 4 I think.

If they had at least he would have been a saleable asset..as it is we got nothing for him and signed an inferior loan player for 1.5m plus his wages!

I heard from a Liverpool fan that they are taking care of his wages.

I agree with this. All three of those players are out of contract in 2023. If we don’t go up, they will be sold, probably along with Billing. Think we would get decent money for all of them except Lerma. £60m minimum for all 4 I think.

I think we could get: Solanke 25, Kelly 25, Billing 20 and Lerma 15.

say our wage bill was 60 mill per year so that's 120m on wages should we say 20 mill on signing on fee and transfers? have we reviewed around 80 mill in parachute so far? then we have sells which are around 90 Mill? are those figures close? so with that are we not OK for ffp?

I honestly don't know where you are coming from here. Yes they've gambled on promotion but in a way that allows them to drastically cut costs if they miss out. They'll slash the wage bill and recoup a load from player sales next season if they don't go up. How does extending Steve Cook's contact to three years on the wages he wanted fit into this?

I honestly don't know where you are coming from here. Yes they've gambled on promotion but in a way that allows them to drastically cut costs if they miss out. They'll slash the wage bill and recoup a load from player sales next season if they don't go up. How does extending Steve Cook's contact to three years on the wages he wanted fit into this?
Steve Cook would have become another player we could have recouped money on if we didn't get promoted....

Steve Cook would have become another player we could have recouped money on if we didn't get promoted....

But we didn't need to be in that position with Cook, all of the others were signed in the PL and are first team regulars and we'll end up selling all of them for less than they are worth.

We couldn't sell Cook get any money for Cook in the two windows we tried to sell him so what makes you think we'd be able to sell him in the summer for any money? They'd have to match his wages and pay a transfer fee.

But we didn't need to be in that position with Cook, all of the others were signed in the PL and are first team regulars and we'll end up selling all of them for less than they are worth.

We couldn't sell Cook get any money for Cook in the two windows we tried to sell him so what makes you think we'd be able to sell him in the summer for any money? They'd have to match his wages and pay a transfer fee.

Captain Cook has sailed. Let's defeat his new ship and not worry about whether he should have sailed or not. What's done is done.

So let me get this straight.
We freeze motivated club legend Cook out "to balance the books" to eventually let him go on a free to help our rivals then spend a sum far exceeding his wages on a temporary inferior replacement. :hmmm:

So let me get this straight.
We freeze motivated club legend Cook out "to balance the books" to eventually let him go on a free to help our rivals then spend a sum far exceeding his wages on a temporary inferior replacement. :hmmm:

He wanted a long contract and the club wanted rid of long expensive contracts. They said they wouldn't stand in his way so he went to a direct rival. What would you have done?

Inferior player is a big stretch too in my opinion.

Inferior player is a big stretch too in my opinion.
Mine too

I’m staggered that some people are writing off, after only a couple of games with a new club, a young player who has played Champions League as well as Premier League games for Liverpool, and who apparently only doesn’t make the first team continually because there’s a world class player in situ

Not sure if this has been mentioned further up, but also likely to have been some kind of option in his contract that he would get additional year(s) in the summer if he played a certain number of games - financials certainly seem to be the motivation for freezing him out, as with the out of contract departures like Surman at the end of our relegation season it’s disappointing that nobody at the club has the decency to have that conversation up front with him.

Mine too

I’m staggered that some people are writing off, after only a couple of games with a new club, a young player who has played Champions League as well as Premier League games for Liverpool, and who apparently only doesn’t make the first team continually because there’s a world class player in situ
Agree......totally

;