Steve Cook

Blake froze him out on wage cost and SP made him train with the kids to try and force the move and release wages for Cahill. Now Phillips has been brought in on a large chunk and we are paying double what Cook wanted for two players that aren’t as good as him.

Not that the sycophants will want to hear this. Great business in their books as was releasing him to Forest who are clearly no threat.
I have had conversations with a professional who is still playing in the Championship to this day and an ex player who had nine seasons of Premier league football. Both have said to me in the past that Cookie was limited in his footballing ability and must have woken up and pinched himself every morning that he was a Premier league player.
I do think we look back at some of our ex players with the rose tints on and I wouldn't agree that Cookie was a better player than Cahill.

I have had conversations with a professional who is still playing in the Championship to this day and an ex player who had nine seasons of Premier league football. Both have said to me in the past that Cookie was limited in his footballing ability and must have woken up and pinched himself every morning that he was a Premier league player.
I do think we look back at some of our ex players with the rose tints on and I wouldn't agree that Cookie was a better player than Cahill.

Was it Ben Pearson?

Nobodies saying that when both were at their peak that Cook was the superior player, clearly peak Cahill is far and away superior to peak Cook.

But we’re talking about 36 year old Cahill here, he is a long way past his best and understandably not the player he once was. Cook is definitely the better player now imo. Not perfect though by any means. CCV sh**s all over both of them tbh.

Nobodies saying that when both were at their peak that Cook was the superior player, clearly peak Cahill is far and away superior to peak Cook.

But we’re talking about 36 year old Cahill here, he is a long way past his best and understandably not the player he once was. Cook is definitely the better player now imo. Not perfect though by any means. CCV sh**s all over both of them tbh.

Cahill was brilliant before his injury.

I thought Cahill/Kelly looked the almost perfect partnership earlier in the season.

Was it Ben Pearson?
Yeah, had forgotten about that it was hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I thought the world of Cookie when he was our player but I think we are in danger of re writing history on here. Some match days he looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life . Club captain all day for me, team captain/ leader ? Not for me but I wouldn't have Kelly as captain either so what do I know?.

Yeah, had forgotten about that it was hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I thought the world of Cookie when he was our player but I think we are in danger of re writing history on here. Some match days he looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life . Club captain all day for me, team captain/ leader ? Not for me but I wouldn't have Kelly as captain either so what do I know?.

Agree, Cookie is definitely going to be up there as one of my favourites of all time. Not at the moment because we're up against his current side but when all this has calmed down he's an absolute legend.

Very good committed player and I'd be happy if he was still in our side... but this talk of him being well ahead of Cahill or even Phillips is a stretch. Passionate player but not much of a leader when you consider the fragility of the side when he was captain.

On a related note I'll say now that if he scores or they win then I've absolutely no issue with him celebrating. If you're going to play you should play with 100% commitment to your current club, which I'm sure Cookie will. I personally think players that are giving it all have the right to celebrate as opposed to pretending they aren't delighted to score/win.

On a related note I'll say now that if he scores or they win then I've absolutely no issue with him celebrating. If you're going to play you should play with 100% commitment to your current club, which I'm sure Cookie will. I personally think players that are giving it all have the right to celebrate as opposed to pretending they aren't delighted to score/win.
Agree, as long as he doesn't do an Adebayor and run the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of us....

Agree, Cookie is definitely going to be up there as one of my favourites of all time. Not at the moment because we're up against his current side but when all this has calmed down he's an absolute legend.

Very good committed player and I'd be happy if he was still in our side... but this talk of him being well ahead of Cahill or even Phillips is a stretch. Passionate player but not much of a leader when you consider the fragility of the side when he was captain.

To be honest I hope his next 3 matches are absolute stinkers for him.
I'll be one of the first in the queue for his testimonial tickets though.

I can see Cook scoring a last minute winner for Forest against us.

Loved him as a player for us and really hope we will see him winning the playoffs this year whilst we stutter home to second place.

I can’t believe people are questionning his ability. 120 odd years of this club in various guises and how many better centre halves have we had? Maybe Teale and definetely Ake. Shout me another.

Comparing Phillips to him is like comparing Shaun Macdonald to Lerma. Decent hard working pro but not in his league. Cahill was better than Cook in his prime unquestionably but we didn’t have Cahill in his prime.

I can’t believe people are questionning his ability. 120 odd years of this club in various guises and how many better centre halves have we had? Maybe Teale and definetely Ake. Shout me another.

Comparing Phillips to him is like comparing Shaun Macdonald to Lerma. Decent hard working pro but not in his league. Cahill was better than Cook in his prime unquestionably but we didn’t have Cahill in his prime.
I agree Cook is an upgrade on both Cahill and Phillips.

He’s far from perfect though, towards his last couple of seasons with us the lapses in concentration were becoming ever so slightly more regular. That said I think he’s better suited to playing in the centre of a back three where he has more protection.

;