Steve Cook

Steve Cook was roundly panned by the pundits on Sky for his defending in this goal

Cardiff City 2-1 Forest (30.01.22) - YouTube (first 15 seconds)

He seems a genuinely nice bloke, and is certainly an AFCB legend but are we are in danger of remembering him with rose-tinted glasses and not evaluating his ability as of April 2022?

If Phillips did this, the message board would be in a fury.

More of this on Saturday and Tuesday, Cookie, and then I'll be cheering you on in the play-offs.

Steve Cook was roundly panned by the pundits on Sky for his defending in this goal

He seems a genuinely nice bloke, and is certainly an AFCB legend but are we are in danger of remembering him with rose-tinted glasses and not evaluating his ability as of April 2022?

More of this on Saturday and Tuesday, Cookie, and then I'll be cheering you on in the play-offs.

Looks like he had a shocker all round. Shouldn't he have done better for the second goal and with the chance they had that was hit straight at the keeper.

Cahill barely put a foot wrong before he broke his ribs. The start of this season is the most solid our defence has looked in years. Amazing how little some people rate him.
Why doesn’t Parker play him then? He will have recovered from that injury by now. I think the reality is probably that his body can’t handle it anymore, the more games that went by the more he began to struggle. He looked out of his depth in his last start (vs Barnsley) and hasn’t been seen again since.

Why doesn’t Parker play him then? He will have recovered from that injury by now. I think the reality is probably that his body can’t handle it anymore, the more games that went by the more he began to struggle. He looked out of his depth in his last start (vs Barnsley) and hasn’t been seen again since.

Who knows how the injury has affected him. To say Cook is definitely an upgrade on Cahill is a stretch in my opinion though.

First time he has been on the losing side when playing for Forest.

Clearly wasn't fit, rib injuries are incredibly painful and take a long time to recover

I don’t think anyone is saying that Cook didn’t have flaws. We’re not going to have many players at our club that are flawless. In our whole club history though I can only think of two centre backs that would start ahead of him in his prime. Ake and Teale. That’s quite an achievement worth celebrating and a model pro with the fans too.

Depends where the breaks were. Close to the sternum not so bad. For a professional sportsman in a contact sport 4-6weeks. Further from the sternum or about halfway around the rib cage can take around 12 weeks and the slightest collision in training can take you right back to square one.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Cook didn’t have flaws. We’re not going to have many players at our club that are flawless. In our whole club history though I can only think of two centre backs that would start ahead of him in his prime. Ake and Teale. That’s quite an achievement worth celebrating and a model pro with the fans too.

He's definitely a player worth celebrating. It seems clear to me that the reason he's not still here is not down to his playing abilities. That's not to say it was the wrong decision to allow him to go given the circumstances. I also think that Phillips is being held to way he gher standards than Cook.

He's definitely a player worth celebrating. It seems clear to me that the reason he's not still here is not down to his playing abilities. That's not to say it was the wrong decision to allow him to go given the circumstances. I also think that Phillips is being held to way he gher standards than Cook.
Most of Cooks errors came in a league higher. Not convinced Phillips would flourish without Liverpools defence around him.

I’d go Tommy Elphick and possibly Ian Cox

I’d go Tommy Elphick and possibly Ian Cox
That will be the Tommy Elphick who Eddie correctly ascertained would get exposed in the PL and released early to save mercy and the Ian Cox who played 11 times in top flight?

Just checking…

I know we don’t want to think particularly how good Cook is before Tuesday but that’s some cracking rewriting of history. Waiting for the Warren Cummings is better than Charlie Daniels thread…

That will be the Tommy Elphick who Eddie correctly ascertained would get exposed in the PL and released early to save mercy and the Ian Cox who played 11 times in top flight?

Just checking…

I know we don’t want to think particularly how good Cook is before Tuesday but that’s some cracking rewriting of history. Waiting for the Warren Cummings is better than Charlie Daniels thread…
Yep, that Tommy Elphick, always thought he had more consistency than Steve Cook as a defender, and that Ian Cox who I think would have played more in the top flight if he’d been a footballer in the 2010s

;