Steve Cook

I would take him back in a heartbeat but the chance of Forest doing anything to potentially strengthen one of the very few teams they have a chance of finishing above is zero.

Still can’t believe we let him go last season. Would have him in the team over Kelly and Senesi at the moment.

I wonder what the chances are of us getting Steve Cook back ?

His battling qualities and never-say-die attitude are just what we need right now. Who knows, it could turn out to be Cookie's Finest Hour ?
Check the highlights from Blackpool yesterday - Cookie was lumbering around well off the pace. Not the solution.Nat Philips??

I wonder what the chances are of us getting Steve Cook back ?

His battling qualities and never-say-die attitude are just what we need right now. Who knows, it could turn out to be Cookie's Finest Hour ?
cookie will work in a 3 at the back so he has double cover and more with wingbacks in a 2 he is too exposed, as wedont have the personal to play a 3 at the back with out it constantly being a 5 I think it would be a negative move from us.

He wouldn’t come back after the way the board treated him. Made it clear they wanted his wages off the books and tried to force him places he didn’t want to go. Another senior pro and legend treated with disdain at the end by amateur muppets.

Cook was a great player for us but come on we need to move on from him. I would hope we would be looking at younger and quicker

When was/is his testimonial supposed to be happening...?

I love Cook and disagree with how is was ostracised when Parker came in, however, this recent spell has made it quite obvious that we need a bit of a clear out of personnel at DC... We have too many players that once were greats for us and we still view them through these eyes... when the truth is we probably need to start moving on from them...

Steve `cook is not the answer for us... and I'm not sure Nat Phillips is either... We need to start looking to younger, exciting players... maybe the Bristol City pair could be the start to this, clearing out a lot of the squad players we have that Parker clearly bought in for Championship football only...

I love Cookie for the player he was and the part he played in the best years in out history. Sadly he isn't the answer to our needs at this point.

For a CB, I'd love us to go for Jamal Lascelles. A proven PL player who Nissan a leader. Yes not top quality but we will not attract that type of player at the moment.

I think/hope we'll be looking at better players now, rather than revisiting old heroes.

Agree, think theres a bit of inflating players when injured syndrome.

Yes he seemed to have been the committed, 100% type, but he'd probably be all the shop at present too in this team. Never the most talented, and can only imagine he's getting slower than before these days. Need to look beyond players like this.

I love Cookie for the player he was and the part he played in the best years in out history. Sadly he isn't the answer to our needs at this point.

For a CB, I'd love us to go for Jamal Lascelles. A proven PL player who Nissan a leader. Yes not top quality but we will not attract that type of player at the moment.
I was watching Lascelles last night and thinking that he's the sort of player we need at this moment in time. I think he'd come here, maybe see if Eddie would loan him out ?

I was watching Lascelles last night and thinking that he's the sort of player we need at this moment in time. I think he'd come here, maybe see if Eddie would loan him out ?

Not a bad shout tbf. Natural leader as well. Perhaps jamal Lewis too as lb/lwb...

;