Steve Cook

I’d be torn on this one. He’s 29 and imo been massively on the decline for over a year now, his best days are behind him and if we can recoup 8m for him then it would be very financially prudent. However, the squad is already paper thin and unless a replacement is sourced (on top of the cb we’re already after) then I don’t see how we can sanction this while remaining competitive.
"Massively on the decline"?

Really!!? Just which Cook have you been watching. No one has particularly covered themselves in the glory over the past year apart from Ake and possibly Ramsdale. But to say Cook is "massively on the decline" is both stupid and untrue.

you are co fusing two different discussions.

if they let S Cook go I have worried of the intentions. Pointing to the table after two games has zero to do with it.
Of course it does.

You are getting worried about a rumour and assuming its true.

We may fall away, but so far we've been ok. Not brilliant but ok. The transfer window is still open so I'll hang on and see what happens.

Of course it does.

You are getting worried about a rumour and assuming its true.

We may fall away, but so far we've been ok. Not brilliant but ok. The transfer window is still open so I'll hang on and see what happens.

I agree. I posted my thoughts as if this were to happen.

"Massively on the decline"?

Really!!? Just which Cook have you been watching. No one has particularly covered themselves in the glory over the past year apart from Ake and possibly Ramsdale. But to say Cook is "massively on the decline" is both stupid and untrue.
So Waz, having just seen Cook’s excellent performance against Norwich, care to revise your view?

Muppet.

Last edited:
He was superb today in fairness, more of that please. I don’t think there’s any need for that tbh, it’s all about opinions! It’s mine that Steve Cook was very poor last year
“Massively on the decline .... his best days are behind him....”. Never write a player off before considering other factors such as injury / fitness. Hope he continues to prove you wrong :utc:

;