Steve Cook

Looking at those last tweets, seems to me he’s just a bit behind in fitness… too far to be worth going out… probably a bit f*cked off by it, hence his initial response…
Agree and if you’ve listened to the latest podcast it’s very clear that the new regime is very aware of players’ health and fitness to ensure that they can avoid injury. Having read how hard the players are being worked in Spain, the new coaches almost certainly decided that SC wasn’t ready and was better off continuing his rehab at DC. Seems very plausible to me, knowing what we now know about Parker’s team’s approach to players’ fitness.

We'd be mad to let our best defender leave, can't see it. Seen how enigmatic Mepham is and we may not get CCV which would leave us with Mepham and Kelly as CBs.

After watching the video of Cookie training you have to conclude that he's miles behind the others. He looks very tentative in some of his movements. No point in him being in Spain on a completely different training path to the rest of the squad when he can be pacing himself at home.

After watching the video of Cookie training you have to conclude that he's miles behind the others. He looks very tentative in some of his movements. No point in him being in Spain on a completely different training path to the rest of the squad when he can be pacing himself at home.
You also have to take into account that flying can have have an adverse effect on injuries.

If the suggestion is that Cook replaces him at Brighton then I’d suggest there is close to zero chance of that. We may all love and rate Cookie, but if you’re Brighton you don’t sell a 50m England defender and replace him with Steve Cook.

The fee is interesting though. I haven't seen White play enough to have an informed opinion, but I doubt he is '10 times better' (I know it doesn't work that simply! :)) than Carter-Vickers, so the £5m asking price for CCV doesn't look outrageous.

CCV has to be a certain target unless Parker doesn't like him for some reason. If the £5m figure is right and his wage demands are reasonable then for goodness sake go get him. He might not want to come here of course!

;