Steve Cook

Blimey how many players played for us that season, remember the dark days of Swindon and Crawley away.

Bradders mate with the most that year.

Groves went a bit loopy by the end and started throwing in the youngsters... no doubt acting out of desperation after losing the dressing room. That mauling at Swindon was appalling, with a load of youngsters playing in his diamond midfield.

Bradders mate with the most that year.

Groves went a bit loopy by the end and started throwing in the youngsters... no doubt acting out of desperation after losing the dressing room. That mauling at Swindon was appalling, with a load of youngsters playing in his diamond midfield.

I’ve decided that Groves was ahead of his time, he was actually on to something. I remember lambasting the whole split central defenders for short goal kicks, to play out from the back. It was oh so alien to anything at that level.

Of course he didn’t drop a midfielder deep to offer the extra option, or an outlet for the defender receiving the ball to complete a triangle… but still he was almost half way there…

I’ve decided that Groves was ahead of his time, he was actually on to something. I remember lambasting the whole split central defenders for short goal kicks, to play out from the back. It was oh so alien to anything at that level.

Of course he didn’t drop a midfielder deep to offer the extra option, or an outlet for the defender receiving the ball to complete a triangle… but still he was almost half way there…

ahah, a true pioneer. maybe we should consider him again if/when Parker moves on.

First Marc Pugh goes without a proper send off, and now Steve Cook. Michael Matthews jewellers must be seriously considering their sponsorship of the club after missing out on yet another carriage clock sales opportunity.

Way ahead of his time, it’s only because the L1 opposition had no concept of a high press In those days that this failed to work ;)

Way ahead of his time, it’s only because the L1 opposition had no concept of a high press In those days that this failed to work ;)

the issue is, he's so intelligent and advanced, no one can replicate what he's asking for. deeply misunderstood manager.

Kind of. He was only on loan in the 10/11 season and was not with us for the league one promotion in 12/13.

Remember it well, him and Gosling didn’t really get a look in the championship promotion season. I thought at the time they must have both regretted coming here with a lack of game time. That all changed though

;