Steve Fletcher

If we're having a statue, we need a sculptor who could be up to our own tinpot status.

Anybody know if the bloke who crafted this beauty is still around?

Attachments

• Ted Bates, apparantly.jpg
    Ted Bates, apparantly.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
I rather think this statue dedicated to our FA Cup exploits would be jolly well appreciated.....

[img=https://pre00.deviantart.net/2964/th/pre/i/2011/031/8/8/that_sad_statue_by_dylanartt-d38gquf.jpg]

And if Fletch is getting a statue, why not the legend known as Brett?

[img=http://www.ewastock.com/imageLib/2014525165046_DS547486.jpg]

Eddie Mitchell, anybody?

[img=https://previews.123rf.com/images/oliwkowygaj/oliwkowygaj0708/oliwkowygaj070800205/1490462-Sculpture-the-boy-drinking-water-a-fragment-of-a-fountain--Stock-Photo.jpg]

RoyalCherry - 19/1/2018 21:59

I'm sure I'm not the only one to consider this but when a new Dean Court is built, would you all like to see that goal immortalised outside the stadium. After all this would not be happening now had Fletch not hit the back of the net

Personally I also think we need an Eddie Howe Stand

I may sound ungrateful but even without that Fletch goal we would still have been safe with a draw (or a defeat) that day. The fact that Chester failed to win on that day guaranteed us survival even if we had lost. Sorry if I have spoilt the fairytale bit, but to me the biggest result was the week before when we won at Chester.

Good idea for this dedicated bloke and iconic player but would like to see several statues- need not be too large for people like Eyre, Stiffle, Norris, Bumstead, Coxon, Bolton,Boyer,etc Pitman and Pugh in particular from modern era- Pitman would score even if he had tried to miss!

Brilliant! Anyone ever see the 'mascots in minutes silence' thread on the When Saturday Comes'? Just as funny.

RobTrent - 21/1/2018 15:22

Brilliant! Anyone ever see the 'mascots in minutes silence' thread on the When Saturday Comes'? Just as funny.
Regarding mascots, why did some grown bloke think it was funny yesterday to make everyone abusive hand gesture and should obscenities at WH's mascot yesterday, including 'f***ing peado' etc, and then inviting him/her to 'come on then'. Who with half a brain thinks that is in any way funny, macho, manly or whatever.
Just made the bloke look a complete dick. And if it was you, and you are reading this, would love to know your motivation for acting in a way that makes my 4 year old granddaughter seem mature

In case you haven't spotted it already, there is a really good interview with Fletch on AFCBTV celebrating 10 years since his return. Quite moving, makes you realise how much he wanted to come here. Big credit to Steve Evans, his manager at that time, for understanding what it meant to Fletch and for signing a replacement so he could come here !

As discussed on another thread, fletch’s return had a huge impact on morale at the club after Eddie had started with two losses away. That Grimsby goal was something else. I always thought he would score at Burton to seal promotion too but not to be.

Never been a big fan of Fletch as a player but that is a very genuine and heartfelt interview and he clearly is a big asset to the Club behind the scenes.

When your back is to the wall you need the hardcore, never ever say die, devoted, fanatical character of someone who really cares to cajole and encourage those around them. Fletch was that person. Our own Churchill. Right man, right time, right place. If AFCB lasts a thousand years, men will still say, Grimsby was our Finest Hour.

IMO Pitman would have been useless without Fletch, shouting, cajoling, motivating. Back in those days, chicken was more headless chicken within an inbuilt ability to switch off just when you didn't want him to.

;