Still favourites to finish bottom

The new Brighton manager after having to leave the Ukraine was available to start straight away and no other club involved.

Whereas the Norwegian Kjetil Knutsen is attached to another club, plus as were others been linked with them.

I'm not a betting man either, but I opened an account with Skybet a few years ago, just for fun bets, nothing serious. Very easy to set up.

I've stuck a tenner on Brighton to go down. You never know !

With Parker and his attitude, I had us as favourites to go down.
Under Gary O'Neil it's a different story. He's got us set up well, getting the best out of players and winning points.

No need to change anything.

(Anyone else notice we are a better team with Christie playing, even if he himself is not the catalyst for good performances?)

Who gives a **************** of those who writes us off.
We've upset the odds before, just another chance to do the same.

With Parker and his attitude, I had us as favourites to go down.
Under Gary O'Neil it's a different story. He's got us set up well, getting the best out of players and winning points.

No need to change anything.

(Anyone else notice we are a better team with Christie playing, even if he himself is not the catalyst for good performances?)

Christie gives us good balance but does need to work on his shooting

I’d be surprised if the ‘experts’ watched nothing more than match highlights of ours as their ‘research’. All the other club’s supporters have the Liverpool score etched in their brains and think we are easy fodder…let them continue. Each match is a battle, but it’s the top league, so it should be tough, especially when we can’t throw £250 million pounds at transfers and wages. I like my team…Up the Cherrie!

I reckon Brighton could be worth a flutter at 33/1 to go down. Potter has ripped the guts out of that club and whoever takes over has a real job on his hands.
I took these odds as soon as he went and took the entire coaching team with him. They’re far too long for a club like Brighton - any club outside the traditional top 6-8 is only a poor managerial appointment and a few injuries away from a relegation battle. They should be fine, but 33/1 is too long.

I took these odds as soon as he went and took the entire coaching team with him. They’re far too long for a club like Brighton - any club outside the traditional top 6-8 is only a poor managerial appointment and a few injuries away from a relegation battle. They should be fine, but 33/1 is too long.

Indeed - if memory serves, our slump in the 2019/20 season began after we beat Manchester United at home at the beginning of November. We were in 7th place in the PL table, and I can't imagine anyone thought we were relegation candidates at that point - would be interesting to know what the odds were at the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50191004

PS - just managed to find that we were 12/1 to be relegated after that Man Utd result, 11 games into the season. On that basis, Brighton at 33/1 to go down after all their recent upheavals looks like decent value.

Last edited:
Early days yet. Too soon to judge, but I think at least we've proved we won't be a Derby and we will be competitive. My worry is squad depth for us, especially attacking/creative options. Be great to get Brooks and Stan back fit.

To flip it the other way, which teams do you genuinely think are more likely to go down than us? I'd say possibly Forest now, though they will throw more money at it in Jan.

There are a lot of teams down there who have strong squads (West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Palace, Villa) and Bookies will expect them to pick up. Wolves form is pretty dire but they have a good squad. Southampton might be starting to worry a bit...

Happy to be the underdogs!

Very true

I would say Forest Leicester and Southampton

Our reality is we now have a decent run of games up to the WC. A return of say 12 points from those 8 games, would see us half way to safety after just 15 games.

Easier said than done, but with the exception of Tottenham, each game is very winnable. I'm not suggesting we'll win them all or indeed any of them, but at this juncture it looks pretty good.

It's all bollux...based solely on the fact we are Tinpot..that's it !...bugger all to do with results or performances on a pitch.
So much stupidity attached to Football..and so many fans across the football media buy this crap...so it gets worse.
Football fans in general these days are just plain daft....I mean , watch how many dickheads go to Qatar !
Nice to know I'm a dickhead

Christie gives us good balance but does need to work on his shooting
A few on here giving Christie pelters. I'd rather ask his team mates what they think. I bet the majority of them would want him alongside them he is an absolute machine . Most opposition supporters I speak to after matches tell me he is one hell of a player and that their team could do with a player with his work rate.

I don't gamble apart from the Euro Lottery and a couple of scratch cards each week. Rarely win much, £85 being the highest.

;