Storm Ciaran

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Main impacts for this modelled to begin early on Thurs. Amber warnings are out for this, but with N France and the Channel Islands set to take the brunt with 90+mph winds, it would only take a small shift north of the track of this low to bring us into the worst of the winds. If that happens, then a red warning is on the cards, possibly at relatively short notice.

One to watch.

Certainly bigging this storm up , which makes me think this could be like the storm we had in Feb 22 !!
One to watch, winds 50 plus mph tomorrow by time game finishes !!.

Certainly bigging this storm up , which makes me think this could be like the storm we had in Feb 22 !!
One to watch, winds 50 plus mph tomorrow by time game finishes !!.

Thats a good point. Is there a limit around wind speed, before games are called off?

Also is there a limit around wind stench - just thinking if the 'Phantom Farter' situation escalates... particularly tonight, and the smell is 'broadcast' throughout the stadium...

I'm no Jim, but just going from the Met Office - it doesn't seem to get too nasty until after the game. Maybe there would be a concern for those traveling through the night afterwards? But for the game itself it seems ok.

Good job the Liverpool fans will only live round the corner ;)

Normal UK weather then.
I think those in the Channel Islands might disagree come this time tomorrow.

Current modelling indicates the strongest storm there since the infamous Oct 1987 storm. And as previously mentioned, would only take a 50 mile northward correction on the track of the low to bring those winds to the South Coast.

I think those in the Channel Islands might disagree come this time tomorrow.

Current modelling indicates the strongest storm there since the infamous Oct 1987 storm. And as previously mentioned, would only take a 50 mile northward correction on the track of the low to bring those winds to the South Coast.

see the amber alert has been downgraded for us but remains to the west and east of us

Reactions: DJ

;