ST’s - average 9.7% increase

Just watched the 'presidents' interview and wondered what groups / individuals the board have spoken to which helped them come to make this misleading decision.
I get the increase after eight years but having watched half hearted performances since Spurs and Stains it's a bit hard to swallow .
Worried about where the 1910 prematch pint is going to be shifted to!

It is tricky, and like others have pointed out it's going to mean people will have to make tough decisions.

That said you can see it from Foley's point of view. If he's going to dig deep into his pockets to find players and new infrastructure then he's going to expect others to pay their fair share no matter how small a portion of the overall budget it is. You wouldn't have any sympathy for Dave Wells Properties if they argumed that they shouldn't pay more for their ad space because it's small beer in the total budget.

Pretty confident it will continue to incrementally climb over the coming years.

He can't just whack it up by much more than he has in 1 year without getting a sizeable backlash.

He's probably judged it perfectly imo in that respect imo. Sad truth is, that although I'm sure he's not a heartless b4stard, reality is that if a few hundred can't renew, it's pretty clear there's a sizeable number of fans/plastics ready to fork out the prize of the rise and no doubt s fair bit more.

Expected prices to go up. Most organisations have targeted 10% price increases lately given Retail price index and energy costs.

Of course, inflation is expected to dip over the next 12 months. However, no doubt that we are increasing spend with better players, stadium improvements etc

We have had a good run on prices albeit promotion meant a 20% reduction in games so effectively a major price rise last season too per game.

Think the ST still represents very good value but understand many people are struggling with costs at the moment. Maybe a big rise is aimed to shake the tree to free up tickets especially where ST seats are left empty.

I have enjoyed the 2 afcb ladies games I have seen but find it odd forcing fans to pay for the 2 games.

Expected prices to go up. Most organisations have targeted 10% price increases lately given Retail price index and energy costs.

Of course, inflation is expected to dip over the next 12 months. However, no doubt that we are increasing spend with better players, stadium improvements etc

We have had a good run on prices albeit promotion meant a 20% reduction in games so effectively a major price rise last season too per game.

Think the ST still represents very good value but understand many people are struggling with costs at the moment. Maybe a big rise is aimed to shake the tree to free up tickets especially where ST seats are left empty.

I have enjoyed the 2 afcb ladies games I have seen but find it odd forcing fans to pay for the 2 games.

Yeah agree mate.

Although I'm confident that the kind of people that shell out hundreds or thousand for themselves and family, but don't attend half/a good chunk of games are probably not going to be phased by having to pay a few hundred more next season.

Yeah agree mate.

Although I'm confident that the kind of people that shell out hundreds or thousand for themselves and family, but don't attend half/a good chunk of games are probably not going to be phased by having to pay a few hundred more next season.

They may not care given you get a refund if hand your ST back so why miss that substantial benefit by leaving their ST seat empty?

They may not care given you get a refund if hand your ST back so why miss that substantial benefit by leaving their ST seat empty?

I know what you mean. Obviously many wealthy people value money or in some instances, just plain tight despite being 'loaded'

But to some it's nothing/pocket change or they're too busy/forget/down their priority list to do whatever process is of returning imo, as value of it is inconsequential to them.

When I worked in tech as field engineer 10 years or so back when demin jojned, one of the customers/business we provided support to started going to games - the owner. He mentioned they has season tickets and when I visited every month or so and asked what he thought of recent game, he typically said didn't go for xyz reason.

Clearly didn't support club or wasnt even that bothered sbout football at all from what i could glean over tine. but just bought season tickets anyway. I had ti go to his house few times, and was clear he was pretty wealthy.

Last edited:
Had they said: £610 for the NS adult ticket, we know its a jump, here's some 'free' Women's games, and hey maybe chuck in a pre season or a cup game or so. I'd have been content with that personally.

The way they've gone about this increase + stealth increase is bizarre.

I've don't need to follow rules you lay down. Just like whatever woman it was that left you to bring on all this anger you have.
I don't have anger towards women. some women I have met are wonderful, others I find a pain in the ass.
I actualy got bored with a woman who was a lively woman when we met, but over the years changed into someone who prefered to stay at home watching soaps on tv.
I then met a Danish woman on my travels who had a different outlook on life,
I moved to Denmark where we got together then decided to try and help homeless kids in Kenya.
Best years of my life, thats why, when I hear people on here like you complaining so irritating.
The club has put ticket prices up for the first time in many years, but then also offered tickets to the ladies games.

Can Jim have a word with O'Neil and tell him to put a team out on Sunday that could potentially earn an extra £5 million position wise, what with inflation and all that.

Then bin this nonsense.

I know it doesn't work like that too often. In pro sports, but that's a good point.

So instead of o Neil slightly odd interviews about not really needing to put effort in, or whatever he said, what a great gesture it would be to remain 100% to the end, and say if we finish xyz, it'll freeze prices for the fans...

I don't have anger towards women. some women I have met are wonderful, others I find a pain in the ass.
I actualy got bored with a woman who was a lively woman when we met, but over the years changed into someone who prefered to stay at home watching soaps on tv.
I then met a Danish woman on my travels who had a different outlook on life,
I moved to Denmark where we got together then decided to try and help homeless kids in Kenya.
Best years of my life, thats why, when I hear people on here like you complaining so irritating.
The club has put ticket prices up for the first time in many years, but then also offered tickets to the ladies games.

I'm complaining about the silly way they have gone about the price increases, not the increases themselves. In fact I've taken the club's side on that. What they should do is just price the tickets honestly and let people decide. Instead they e tried to dress the increases up in a way that is borderline insulting.

Genuine fair play to you for the work you did in Africa. That said, this is the season ticket price increase thread and so if you struggle with discussing things that are less important than starving kids then you were always going to struggle with this one.

I know it doesn't work like that too often. In pro sports, but that's a good point.

So instead of o Neil slightly odd interviews about not really needing to put effort in, or whatever he said, what a great gesture it would be to remain 100% to the end, and say if we finish xyz, it'll freeze prices for the fans...

Probably a different 'division' with different finances;).

Marketing and their budget, ticket sales and their budget and the playing side who don't do budgets or finance.

I agree with most posts that something has got lost in translation here but hell if you're lucky enough to have a ST just pay it . Or just ask the syndicate to pay it or the relatives who inherited grandads ticket to pay it.

Probably a different 'division' with different finances;).

Marketing and their budget, ticket sales and their budget and the playing side who don't do budgets or finance.

I agree with most posts that something has got lost in translation here but hell if you're lucky enough to have a ST just pay it . Or just ask the syndicate to pay it or the relatives who inherited grandads ticket to pay it.

Yeah people will make it work surely. Only a few quid more a month isn't it, if divided over the year?

How much to go to the ladies games this season? If this is the regular price then these two games would give me a reason to take the littlun and maybe get her interested in the game Agree with all previous points BTW

How much to go to the ladies games this season? If this is the regular price then these two games would give me a reason to take the littlun and maybe get her interested in the game Agree with all previous points BTW

Yeah my young daughter seems to be intersted in watching the women's team.

May go, if she persists, but quite frankly, if it wasn't for my daughters interest, I wouldn't go if you paid me to. Well, maybe I would for a few hundred :)

You can watch a better standard of football if you go to most Bournemouth/Dorset league under 14's game on a Sunday afternoon down the local rec, and not have to pay for the privilege.

Yeah my young daughter seems to be intersted in watching the women's team.

May go, if she persists, but quite frankly, if it wasn't for my daughters interest, I wouldn't go if you paid me to. Well, maybe I would for a few hundred :)

You can watch a better standard of football if you go to most Bournemouth/Dorset league under 14's game on a Sunday afternoon down the local rec, and not have to pay for the privilege.
Not sure mine would want to go but prob cheaper than most days out and i would like her to have a chance to watch without the numbers that would go to mens game even if could get tickets I expect would have to spend money for food etc so from the club point of view that would all help with the income

Mine has increased by £50. I can live with that. Not happy to be forced to buy two tickets for women's team (another £14), I really have no interest in it. I would rather be forced to buy two tickets for the development team.

Yeah womens football clearly being pushed now, and previous few years and makes business sense for clubs to get involved and promote it as the momentum gathers, and opportunity to be at forefront/make money from it and ride crest of wave.

Which is clearly what's happening here and no doubt other clubs imo.

I have as much interest in watching it as I do watching baseball, eastenders... or paint dry.

I've gotten the impression over the years in US that 'soccer is somewhar popular with a certain demographic... affluent/middle class 'mom's' and their girls/boys. Perhaps that market is in mind too... could be worth a lot if women's game gets big in thst respect and snowballs?

Well, it was frozen for 8 years, but you weren't busy pinning it on the CEO then.

And I'm not a fan of the way it’s been done, but I realise we've been quite lucky in those 8 years.
I don’t have an issue with the raise per se. It hasn’t gone up in ages although if the club need the money that bad they could cut some of the execs salaries down to normal clubs levels? Always been one for boards being overpaid at the expense of the working man have you Rob or only when arguing with me?

. It’s the ham fisted manner of the declaration which is Tinpot and amateur not necessarily the raise.

Of course it's Blake's decision Neil. No increase for eight years then Foley shows up and puts his own President of Business Operations in and Blake suddenly decides he wants to do this.

Can you not see how warped you've allowed your logic and judgement to become due to your dislike of one bloke? It's crazy.
If you are CEO of an organisation it’s your decision. I’m sure you’ve worked for enough companies to know that Del

;