Summer transfers

Wouldn’t begrudge him a move back to Spain if that’s what he wants and a decent offer was on the table. He has been a good servant to the club and pivotal in our promotion but I don’t feel that he’s irreplaceable.
I couldn't disagree more. Jeff is a Premier League quality player firmly embedded in our set up whose attributes we would find extremely difficult to replicate in another player from outside the club. To me he is a vitally important part of the way our team plays; letting him go would have a drastic negative effect on our competitiveness and the continuity built up over the last couple of seasons. Don't let him go: build the team around him!

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree more. Jeff is a Premier League quality player firmly embedded in our set up whose attributes we would find extremely difficult to replicate in another player from outside the club. To me he is a vitally important part of the way our team plays; letting him go with have a drastic negative effect on our competitiveness and the continuity built up over the last couple of seasons. Don't let him go: build the team around him!

Can’t build a team around someone who is likely to miss large parts of the season due to suspension. Premier league refs will be after him due to his reputation and the increased amount of defending we will need to do increases the risk of fouls.

Can’t build a team around someone who is likely to miss large parts of the season due to suspension. Premier league refs will be after him due to his reputation and the increased amount of defending we will need to do increases the risk of fouls.
If Jeff wants a move back to Spain then I really couldn’t begrudge him that. I understood he kept his children at school there when he signed for us so the lifestyle must suit him. That may have changed after 4 years of course.
What would disappoint me is if he went to a rival PL team but as that hasn’t even been mooted let’s not worry eh.

It seems that SP has managed to get Jeff to ease up on his troublemaking as he had only 8 yellow cards last season making him 53rd in the disciplinary list for the Championship. He was well down the list compared to our most booked player Phil Billing on 13 yellow cards, which made him the fifth worst in the Championship.
No reason to suspect that SP won't continue to have a good influence on Jeff next season and help him avoid too many absences through suspension.

I couldn't disagree more. Jeff is a Premier League quality player firmly embedded in our set up whose attributes we would find extremely difficult to replicate in another player from outside the club. To me he is a vitally important part of the way our team plays; letting him go would have a drastic negative effect on our competitiveness and the continuity built up over the last couple of seasons. Don't let him go: build the team around him!
I was more making the point that if he wanted to leave then we shouldn’t stand in his way at this point. I completely understand where you’re coming from when you talk about his importance to our team, however I strongly believe that we need every player fully committed and pulling in the same direction if we are to be successful next season. I also believe that he’s served the club well and that if he did want to move on then we should respect his wishes for his sake. All hypothetical of course!

HAve to admit I've only ever seen the figure £1.5m mentioned, along with £250k for us being promoted as well... Never heard £2.5m mentioned.

If he was available and affordable, I think CCV would be far better an option than Phillips...
Why not both as CCV only had his contract extended by a year by spurs so not to lose any money?

It seems that SP has managed to get Jeff to ease up on his troublemaking as he had only 8 yellow cards last season making him 53rd in the disciplinary list for the Championship. He was well down the list compared to our most booked player Phil Billing on 13 yellow cards, which made him the fifth worst in the Championship.
No reason to suspect that SP won't continue to have a good influence on Jeff next season and help him avoid too many absences through suspension.
He also played in a different position in some games

I would like to see us try to bring in Ruben Loftus-Cheek who is a player who has often impressed me when I've seen him play and who doesn't seem to have had a decent crack of the whip at Chelsea and likely feels he has something to prove. He played for Scotty at Fulham and I seem to remember Scotty having quite a few good words to say about him during his time there on loan.
He's a full international coming to the peak of his career, tall, strong and powerful, and, like Nat Phillips, in need of regular first team football to fulfill his potential. I reckon he would be an ideal fit at DC.

I would like to see us try to bring in Ruben Loftus-Cheek who is a player who has often impressed me when I've seen him play and who doesn't seem to have had a decent crack of the whip at Chelsea and likely feels he has something to prove. He played for Scotty at Fulham and I seem to remember Scotty having quite a few good words to say about him during his time there on loan.
He's a full international coming to the peak of his career, tall, strong and powerful, and, like Nat Phillips, in need of regular first team football to fulfill his potential. I reckon he would be an ideal fit at DC.

He's a strange one. I remember when Southgate gave him his first England cap, and he did really well. He was obviously in the 2018 England squad and played quite well. Have to say that when I watched him on TV playing for Fulham last season, I didn't think he particularly stood out. It may have been the style of play or just him lacking game time and confidence. I think he would fit in really well at Palace. I believe he was on loan there when Southgate first called him up.

Jeff did miss about 10 games through suspension

Billing P 37 (3) - Yellow cards 13.

Lerma P 33 (1) - Yellow Cards 8 - Red Cards 2.

Zemura P 32 (1) - Yellow Cards 7.

Mepham P 12 (10) - Yellow Cards 7.

Subs ( ).

SSN

West Ham, Southampton, Brentford and Bournemouth are in a four-way fight for Hull winger Keane Lewis-Potter after expressing interest in the England U21 winger, according to The Telegraph.

Acun Ilicali, the Hull owner, has insisted he will reject £30m offers for Lewis-Potter, who he describes as “God’s gift” to him after taking charge at the MKM Stadium last season.

Ilicali wants the 21-year-old, who has one year left on his contract, to help mount a promotion charge to the Premier League next season.

“Keane is like God’s gift to us,” said Ilicali. “He has extreme potential. He is going to be one of the biggest stars of the future.

“Of course, we have big offers for him, but I reject all of these. Even if they offer £30m to me, I will not sell him because I think his presence is much more important than anything for this club at the moment. He will be so useful for our team and our fans that I will not lose him.”

Billing P 37 (3) - Yellow cards 13.

Lerma P 33 (1) - Yellow Cards 8 - Red Cards 2.

Zemura P 32 (1) - Yellow Cards 7.

Mepham P 12 (10) - Yellow Cards 7.

Subs ( ).
Were Jeff's red cards straight ones or part of his yellow card collection? And weren't six of the ten games he missed a result of the disputed biting incident from the previous season?
I'm happy to support him because I don't believe that he is an intrinsically dirty player.

Were Jeff's red cards straight ones or part of his yellow card collection? And weren't six of the ten games he missed a result of the disputed biting incident from the previous season?
I'm happy to support him because I don't believe that he is an intrinsically dirty player.

Straight red in the 68th minute at Dean Court against Coventry City in November

Straight red in the 66th minute at Dean Court against Birmingham City in February.

SSN

West Ham, Southampton, Brentford and Bournemouth are in a four-way fight for Hull winger Keane Lewis-Potter after expressing interest in the England U21 winger, according to The Telegraph.

Acun Ilicali, the Hull owner, has insisted he will reject £30m offers for Lewis-Potter, who he describes as “God’s gift” to him after taking charge at the MKM Stadium last season.

Ilicali wants the 21-year-old, who has one year left on his contract, to help mount a promotion charge to the Premier League next season.

“Keane is like God’s gift to us,” said Ilicali. “He has extreme potential. He is going to be one of the biggest stars of the future.

“Of course, we have big offers for him, but I reject all of these. Even if they offer £30m to me, I will not sell him because I think his presence is much more important than anything for this club at the moment. He will be so useful for our team and our fans that I will not lose him.”
"But if you offer £3 million he is yours"

;