Summer transfers

Spence is excellent - and produced a good showing against us on Tuesday. His run and through-ball to Surridge should have brought a goal - but surely one of the established PL outfits will bid for him. Midfield the priority for us - Cantwell not an option, can see Lawrence or Rothwell on their way here.

Both of which out of contract iirc, so would be cheap in the scheme of things.

Both mid -late 20s though, so question marks over ability at pl level and limited scope for further improvement, potential etc.

I don't know how to feel about this promotion. I think we should learn from last time and actually invest in the infrastructure of the club first, while still trying to be competitive in the market.

I've looked at the squad and with all the loan players going back and assuming the two out of contract players are not renewed (Brady and Cahill) we will have 19 players over the age of 21. This allows us to buy/loan 6 players in total (over 21). I still wouldn't want to bloat the squad however.

My personal wishlist would be;

1) A goalkeeper to push Travers
2) An experienced right sided CB
3) A young right sided CB
4) A young left sided CB
5) A left footed RW who can play AM
6) A natural number 8
7) A right footed LW who can play AM

I think we've got to have a crack at staying up but without going mental. Genuinely think we should think more about signing players for the championship (should we go down - the Norwich approach, of you like).

Transfers:

1) Nice and easy, Freddie Woodman.

2) Wouldn't mind seeing Nat Phillips back at DC.

3) Ronnie Edwards from Posh is so mature for his age, would definitely be worth spending a couple of million on. (Also u21)

4) Jacob Greaves from Hull, see Ronnie Edwards. (Also u21)

5) Dare I say this one is more dreamland rather than reality, but you never know... Domenico Beradi, the 27 year old from Sassuolo. May cost a lot though.

6) Nice and easy, Joe Rothwell. On a free, think he is exactly the player we've missed this season.

7) Scott Twine, nothing more to say really, he'll play for England one day. Don't think MK Dons are coming up either.

Would like to see us have a look at Keane Lewis-Potter and Josh Bowler. Great young prospects who could make it to the top, but also proven in the championship if we end up back there again next year.

I don't know how to feel about this promotion. I think we should learn from last time and actually invest in the infrastructure of the club first, while still trying to be competitive in the market.

I've looked at the squad and with all the loan players going back and assuming the two out of contract players are not renewed (Brady and Cahill) we will have 19 players over the age of 21. This allows us to buy/loan 6 players in total (over 21). I still wouldn't want to bloat the squad however.

My personal wishlist would be;

1) A goalkeeper to push Travers
2) An experienced right sided CB
3) A young right sided CB
4) A young left sided CB
5) A left footed RW who can play AM
6) A natural number 8
7) A right footed LW who can play AM

I think we've got to have a crack at staying up but without going mental. Genuinely think we should think more about signing players for the championship (should we go down - the Norwich approach, of you like).

Transfers:

1) Nice and easy, Freddie Woodman.

2) Wouldn't mind seeing Nat Phillips back at DC.

3) Ronnie Edwards from Posh is so mature for his age, would definitely be worth spending a couple of million on. (Also u21)

4) Jacob Greaves from Hull, see Ronnie Edwards. (Also u21)

5) Dare I say this one is more dreamland rather than reality, but you never know... Domenico Beradi, the 27 year old from Sassuolo. May cost a lot though.

6) Nice and easy, Joe Rothwell. On a free, think he is exactly the player we've missed this season.

7) Scott Twine, nothing more to say really, he'll play for England one day. Don't think MK Dons are coming up either.

Welcome to the boards.

Jed Wallace. Out of contract with Millwall and really highly rated. It's important we don't go down the has been PL player route. Sign up good young potential on 3 or 4 year contracts so we can build for the future but also for if the worst happens

Any from Sheffield United if they don't go up?

Bogle, highly rated young right back they signed from Derby.

Berge, highly rated Norweigan dmc - although position probably well covered.

Billy Sharp... :D

Gibbs-White - on loan from Wolves has looked very good, but doubt its realist deal....

Jed Wallace. Out of contract with Millwall and really highly rated. It's important we don't go down the has been PL player route. Sign up good young potential on 3 or 4 year contracts so we can build for the future but also for if the worst happens
Jed Wallace isn't a youngster he is 28 years old.

A thought. Eddies 2015 side had no PL experience whatsoever except Boruc.
This squad have 300 + appearances between them without any of the loanees.
We need to be ready for the pace and physicality of the PL and the finishing which in Championship has been woeful from some of the sides who have visited.

How about Spence and Johnson from Forest? Well, Spence from Boro, but you know what I mean.

Need 2 right sided players, and they're already familiar with each other. Defo right back anyway.

Not sure how realistic as heard Bayern were rumoured to be interested in Johnson and Spence highly rated. Could just be media rumours and maybe they'd be interested as guaranteed top flight football to prove themselves?

Would cost 10's of millions, but as they know each other and 'hot prospects', may be worth the investment, as likely to at least get money back down the line, depending on our budget.
For that reason I want Forest to lose the playoffs. Middlesbrough had the best right backs in the league on their books. They will definitely sell. There will be a queue for Spence and he will cost 15 million upwards, a bit of a gamble. Max Aarons is another young full back who will probably be available. Johnson would also be 15 million and above, but for me Morgan Gibbs White is the player who caused us the most problems, but he will be starting for Wolves next season.

Bogle, highly rated young right back they signed from Derby.

Berge, highly rated Norweigan dmc - although position probably well covered.

Billy Sharp... :D

Gibbs-White - on loan from Wolves has looked very good, but doubt its realist deal....

What about Stevens: Right Wing Back or Baldock or Basham? I remember them being good in their 2019-2020 Premier League season.

;