Summer transfers

Dont be surprised if Newcastle try to do a swap with woodman and travers.kilkenny will go on.loan unless we sell him. quite a few championship clubs interested .

As good a season as he's had, I think we need to upgrade Zemura. Another option at right wing and a centre half or two. I genuinely wouldn't be upset if we held back on investing too much in the squad and have a strategy in place to get new stadium/training facilities.

I honestly can't see Lerma doing anything but staying with us. If he had any intention of leaving it would have been after our relegation from the PL but he stuck with us. I'd guess he's very settled, enjoying his football and life in general. Oh, and premier League football to look forward to next season
He’s a local man and will be happy to stay here !
:)

Feels a bit crass that the morning after securing a promotion there's already chatter about who among those who achieved it should be replaced.

Sky asked Parker about plans for the Premier League before he’d even made it back to the dressing room. Nature of the beast.

Double raid on Blackburn for BD and Rothwell?. Thought BD was out of contract, but appears blackburn have 1 year option. Less inclined by him now, as thought worth it if on a free, but if available for less than value due to final year, could be an option.

Rothwell may be coming in then, although question marks over whether he's good dnough to make impact in pl? Certainly good option compared to what we currently have in that position though and Parker clearly rates him.

Defo need lb good enough to start and hopefully jz will continue to develop as a result, like Daniels.

Phillips could be realistic from Liverpool now. Get impression he's enjoyed his time here. Otherwise maybe look at ccv again, depending on fee?

I'd be surprised if Pearson didn't move on, hardly featured this season and he's easily good enough for top champ sides and assume wNts regular football at his age. Particularly as we have 2 pl standard dmcs in Cook and lerma. And don't think we can get away with shoe Horning either of them in the more forward roles like we've been able to do this season.

Honestly don't think any of our regulars will move on, this includes Solanke and Kelly. Maybe next summer they will, if they prove themselves or we get relegated. Just can't see anyone better than us coming in for them and if Newcastle Kelly rumours are true, just don't think he'd play that often, so bad move for him. If he does well with us, I'm sure he'd then get a decent move.

I wonder if Scotty will start looking abroad? Stand to be corrected but to date I think he has only signed players from these fair isles. Do we have a European scouting network?

This season's performance, and the squad strength we have now, are a testimony to the way we have recruited players, and the management of the finances.

Eddie left us with loads of potential, in Kelly, Solanke, Brooks, Lewis Cook, Ramsdale, Mepham, etc, etc, on top of the young AND saleable assets in Ake, Ramsdale, Wilson, Danjuma, Lerma, etc.

Not the bloated squads of high-earning demotivated imports, on contracts which make them unsaleable and valueless.

It is a credit to the recruitment team (a) having a strategy of bringing in potential, (b) having a strategy which stayed the same despite 4 managers coming and going.

It is also massive credit to senior management having put that in place and continued to fund it. All the things which many clubs talk about, but fail to put in place - responding to the whims of each successive manager. Imagine what a few Mourinho signings would do to the policy.

We have continued to bring in young potential. Maybe Keiffer Moore is the only slight departure, being a bit older and more of a journeyman, and Brady too.

Right now I think we need to add a couple of proven top level players - we've done enough of recruiting the best the Championship has to offer. To go further would be to build a team which will struggle in the Prem but be well suited to bouncing back the year after. So I'd turn away from Bowler, Rothwell, Lawrence, and get players a step higher.

;