Support the players no matter what tomorrow

Don't you usually get upset when I deliberately misquote you?

I'm pointing out your hypocrisy Neil, I preferred Derby because we won, I thought the performances were largely similar until the last quarter when the team lost confidence and struggled to break a stubborn team down.

If we'd have conceded a sloppy/unlucky goal against Derby I'm fairly sure the outcome would have been the same, along with you and all your mates giving the players the grief you're apparently entitled to.

Let's just hope we don't face any set backs between now and the end of the season because clearly a significant minority in the crowd are ready to try and 'motivate' the team.
How often have you heard booing in this stadium in the last ten years v how many set backs have we had in that time. I’d say three times v probably 150 odd set backs. So no, future set backs won’t necessarily be booed unless of course created by a complete lack of effort (not the case v Peterbro) or a a lot of slow, negative backwards and sideways football (very much the case v Peterborough).

How often have you heard booing in this stadium in the last ten years v how many set backs have we had in that time. I’d say three times v probably 150 odd set backs. So no, future set backs won’t necessarily be booed unless of course created by a complete lack of effort (not the case v Peterbro) or a a lot of slow, negative backwards and sideways football (very much the case v Peterborough).

I think there will be booing next time we go in a HT losing at home, or concede first. Although there were small signs of discontent against Peterborough before they scored, as there was in the Derby game, the booing didn't happen until after things went wrong. Unless we can comfortably win a number of games in a row this is going to be the case for the rest of the season.

There was sideways passing against Derby at times, there always is in every game of football.

I didn’t hear any booing v Derby - there were a couple of times when the ball went backwards from really god positions which were met with some groans and “ get it forward “ but it sounded like moaning just because that has been the recent thing to do …
Overall the support was definitely positive .

I saw the thread about season ticket holders in the MS booing yet I heard nothing. Did I hear any from the noisy section in the NS I am not sure. What I am sure about there has been a lot of fans frustration building up for weeks over the style of play, lack of shots/walking the ball into the net.

Post Peterbough there was a hostile reaction/show of disapproval as the players took their leave "clapping" the fans.

As a collective we are very patient and quiet but that patience has worn thin this season reflecting what we see on the pitch.

Our history of poor play on the pitch Benson (financial circumstances perhaps), Quinn and Groves in hindsight from memory didn't yield much booing just a resignation of our lot as Bournemouth supporters. We were handsomly rewarded in due course.

This season I think we have reacted to what we have seen on the pitch that many are not used to or like plus to me poor PR lack of fan interaction. The video and to me change of imputus on the pitch last weekend was a positive reaction from the club, off and on field, to try and bring the fans back on side. Let's hope it continues from both sides.

I didn’t hear any booing v Derby - there were a couple of times when the ball went backwards from really god positions which were met with some groans and “ get it forward “ but it sounded like moaning just because that has been the recent thing to do …
Overall the support was definitely positive .

That's my point, Peterborough was the same until they conceded then the crowd got on top of them. It seems we've got a bunch of supporters who pretend they are bothered about performances yet they wait until a goal against the run of play before they start with their motivational techniques. I've got no doubt the frustrations you mention vs Derby would have turned into the same as it did vs Peterborough had we conceded against the run of play in that first half.

Interesting how Cantwell emphasised the crowd being the 12the man against Derby in his interview, and how important it was to help pull the team over the line, saying how important it will be in future. Interesting that he's saying exactly this right now.

Interesting how Cantwell emphasised the crowd being the 12the man against Derby in his interview, and how important it was to help pull the team over the line, saying how important it will be in future. Interesting that he's saying exactly this right now.

It's a no-brainer to most people.

Last 10 years were mainly under Howe, going up through the leagues and in the PL... theres no way we'd boo in the top flight (although wiuldn;'t surprise me now, 2nd time around and without Howe at the helm). Last years fans weren;t in thr ground most of the season, or reduced numbers.

I think some fans expectations are much higher now, than they were pre Demin/Howe days.

We had fewer shots vs Derby because against Peterborough we uncharacteristically took a number of speculative efforts from long distance. You keep banging on about the Peterborough performance but how many of those chances that we created were actually more than half chances? I’d say one for sure (Solanke early on,) maybe two at a push. This was vs the worst away side this league has ever seen, they set up the same way in virtually every away game and still got battered by everybody apart from us.

How you can think that performance was anywhere near close to being good enough for a team trying to get promoted is beyond me. And if we are at the point that even a side as turgid as Peterborough can stifle us just by platting a 5 at the back then we have big big problems. In the run in any manager with even a bit of nous will know that if he played a back 5 then they will probably get a result vs us, if even Peterborough can do it! I can’t believe that that performance was anywhere near good enough because if it was then we have very little chance of picking up points vs the likes of Blackburn Forest Huddersfield ect.

Some fair points, but you leave out that they now have a new manager.

I honestly think we'll don fine against the tougher opposition.

Last 10 years were mainly under Howe, going up through the leagues and in the PL... theres no way we'd boo in the top flight (although wiuldn;'t surprise me now, 2nd time around and without Howe at the helm). Last years fans weren;t in thr ground most of the season, or reduced numbers.

I think some fans expectations are much higher now, than they were pre Demin/Howe days.

There was booing under Howe when Watford beat us 0-3. That was after the club had made a big appeal for us to support them.

Re Peterborough, I reckon Man City were more backwards and sideways vs palace last night than our game. It’s what happens when teams sit deep and deny space.

There was booing under Howe when Watford beat us 0-3. That was after the club had made a big appeal for us to support them.
Booed off at HT vs Newcastle when bego made errors and vs wolves when franno sent off. Far worse than Peterborough. Anyway moving on…

Re Peterborough, I reckon Man City were more backwards and sideways vs palace last night than our game. It’s what happens when teams sit deep and deny space.
You have to have fluidity and movement in the front line though. Without wishing to state the obvious, there is a world of difference between the fluid movement displayed by the Man City attackers to the rigid and set positioning of our attacking players. There is no problem with playing a possession game and even going backwards to build, the problem occurs when there is such a lack of movement higher up the pitch, it becomes very difficult to create space and progress the ball through the low block.

When in possession our wide men are almost always hugging the flank, if they were allowed to roam it would force a defender to follow and create spaces elsewhere. The fact they are nearly always hugging the touchline severely hampers us. If they were playing on their correct foot with the instruction to get to the byline and whip crosses in it would make sense, but they’re not.

;