Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth - League Cup Second Round

It was interesting to note from the highlights how often Traore got himself into goalscoring positions.

He's a very clever, technical player. Not tge quickest for his position but intelligence, reading the game can make up for it, if extremely good in those attributes.

What I can gather from asking around is, the situation isn't looking brilliant. There's an agreement to run one Riverside Rocket all season and two up to but not including Everton. The sticking point is who pays for the 2nd and or 3rd ones, the club wants it sponsored, Riverside don't want to sponsor it.

Unless the club finds someone to sponsor it, that's were we are. There's at least 6 regulars, plus a few that can only do a couple or the shorter ones, all scrapping for 3 spaces. The club's stuck if Riverside won't do it and Riverside don't see that they should pay for providing a service to the club. Ever hopeful, I'm hoping at least one of them blinks and we can continue putting ourselves through the endurance test that's an awayday on wheels. It's two business trying to do what's best for them, nothing really unusual in that, except for the wheelchair users caught in between.

I'm trying to put a "chin up, it's the way of the world" face on it but I know how much it means to me and I know full well, it means even more to the wheelchair users.

The Good Lady and I are from big families, all our siblings live within an hour of us but we can't visit them because they live in "regular" houses, steps in, ordinary doorways, upstairs or off the hall loos. That little anecdote isn't to garner sympathy, it's to highlight how much narrower the horizons are, To have a chance to go to football matches, spend the day as part of the "Boscombe massive" : ) when we win, lose or draw can't be over stated.

I can't believe how difficult this has been to write, especially because I can see the bigger picture that Bill Foley and Jim Frevola are trying to paint with the club. There's change and there's upheaval that has to happen, they're get somethings right, somethings wrong, they've never run an English football club before, let alone a club like Bournemouth. I still say give them every chance and have patience but by feck, when we miss our first match because of only one Rocket, it's going to sting.
As some of the smaller advertisers at the ground have been squeezed out at the stadium, I wonder if there's something they could do collectively.

Thank you for all the kind words and support, on here and DMs, sorry I can't address every one of them : )
I honestly don't have a clue about the costs or feasibility of doing anything ourselves. As I've said, it's a bit conflicting to me because I'm convinced ( at the moment) Bill and Jim are going to do great things for the club but.....

To me it seems incredible that it's so difficult to move 6 or so wheelchair users around the country, every other weekend, in one of the most developed countries in the world. The costs are a drop in the ocean of the club's turnover. That's me being pragmatic : )

Meanwhile.....
The Good Lady is far from happy. She is equally upset and angry ( this isn't written in a Muttley "Medal, medal, medal. Gimme, gimme, gimme" style") She and the other Rocketeers have been at all the aways for the past 6 or 7 seasons. All the wettest, coldest, hottest, 9-0est. We've been there. She can't remember it being oversubscribed when she was the only away wheelchair user at Blackpool, sat alone at the front, in a gale and pissing rain all match. One of Two wheelchairs at Stoke in October on a cold wet Tuesday, watching Parkerball. A full Rocket going to Peterborough midweek for a match we could have watched on Sky at home. Up at 2-00am and a full Rocket for a lunchtime KO at Middlesbrough in December. 9000 miles in the Championship, 6000 last season and I don't think there were many times ( apart from the "Big 6" maybe ) anyone was left behind that wanted to go.

As it stands, she feels a bit insulted that hers and all the regular Rocketeers loyalty and dedication appears to count for not much. I don't want to stop anyone experiencing what we have over the years, in fact it's the absolute opposite. I assumed, if it's getting more popular it would be expanded, then the club milk all the good will and publicity they can from it. As I said at the start, we're living in one of the most developed countries in the World, the club has more money than it's ever had and yet.......

Thank you for all the kind words and support, on here and DMs, sorry I can't address every one of them : )
I honestly don't have a clue about the costs or feasibility of doing anything ourselves. As I've said, it's a bit conflicting to me because I'm convinced ( at the moment) Bill and Jim are going to do great things for the club but.....

To me it seems incredible that it's so difficult to move 6 or so wheelchair users around the country, every other weekend, in one of the most developed countries in the world. The costs are a drop in the ocean of the club's turnover. That's me being pragmatic : )

Meanwhile.....
The Good Lady is far from happy. She is equally upset and angry ( this isn't written in a Muttley "Medal, medal, medal. Gimme, gimme, gimme" style") She and the other Rocketeers have been at all the aways for the past 6 or 7 seasons. All the wettest, coldest, hottest, 9-0est. We've been there. She can't remember it being oversubscribed when she was the only away wheelchair user at Blackpool, sat alone at the front, in a gale and pissing rain all match. One of Two wheelchairs at Stoke in October on a cold wet Tuesday, watching Parkerball. A full Rocket going to Peterborough midweek for a match we could have watched on Sky at home. Up at 2-00am and a full Rocket for a lunchtime KO at Middlesbrough in December. 9000 miles in the Championship, 6000 last season and I don't think there were many times ( apart from the "Big 6" maybe ) anyone was left behind that wanted to go.

As it stands, she feels a bit insulted that hers and all the regular Rocketeers loyalty and dedication appears to count for not much. I don't want to stop anyone experiencing what we have over the years, in fact it's the absolute opposite. I assumed, if it's getting more popular it would be expanded, then the club milk all the good will and publicity they can from it. As I said at the start, we're living in one of the most developed countries in the World, the club has more money than it's ever had and yet.......
:eek!::sorry: I would expect more from the club. Poor do!

Meanwhile.....

As you say the cost is probably a drop in the ocean but the club seem hellbent on sweating their assets (the fans) and this is just collateral damage.

I've just read that Chelsea FC have just withdrawn their £10 per head away coach subsidy, on the grounds that it's not "financially viable".

Not "financially viable", eh ? I have a feeling that a lot of us unfashionable non-corporate supporters are not financially viable. They just haven't got round to telling us yet.

But hey, best not complain, 'cos if you do that means that you don't want us to build a bigger stadium and sign new players.

Meanwhile.....

This, and your previous post, two of the best posts I’ve ever read on this forum, for what it’s worth. Posting this also so I can find it easily in the list of threads!

;