Ted shed tent update

Big Jim screaming from the rooftops that new supporters should be able to see their team. Home points for friendlies! Cherry Tuesday! Bring your friends !! ( made that bit up). But basically there are now much fewer tickets available for general points sale, those with many points fighting it out with those who have fewer for less seats unless you want to spend £140 and enter the stadium via the back door , so to speak. Most of you think the sun shines out these guys arses but bottom line is they dont give a **************** about you as long as you spend the bangers.

Has it ever been that different? Guess depends how you define value. But to some (yeah I know its a lot to most for 1 game), it isn;t that much.

There may be plastics in that number, but if they come along and spend money...

If we want to be competitive, balance the books - something has to give. Particularly whilst we remain playing in a tiny ground.

Sadly football, particularly in the top flight, is no longer a cheap hobby/past time.

Short of an Arab prince coming in (and even then with ffp...), I don't think its realistic to expect much different from any owner.

What is 'all inclusive stadium food'? Does this mean you simply get unlimited access to the pies that are sold on the concourses? Given a pie and a pint are available for around £10 you've got to drink an awful lot of beer for this to even remotely make sense financially.

Not a bad deal to be fair … probably cheaper than your average away day and the money goes to us .

I think it’s an awful deal but get that some people will go for it due to the location and lack of hassle.

But I would rather spend £100 on a proper meal or night out.

I’ve just received an email telling me that I can now upgrade my match day experience by availing myself of hospitality in the Kings Plaza:

Two-and-a-half hours of all-inclusive stadium food

All-inclusive bar offering beer, wine & spirits

Guaranteed entry into the marquee pre-match

Matchday programme upon arrival

…and all of this for just £100!

It’s not clear if this is just for my seat or for everyone in my row.

I know that they must explore new income streams to benefit the club, but I must admit that I'm having a little trouble getting to grips with this concept.
Are they seriously expecting someone who already has a ticket for the match (their reason for being there) having spent £400 (in the case of senior ST holders) for a whole season of PL football (28.5+ hours) to shell out an additional quarter of that each game for 2.5 hours sat in a tent consuming overpriced food and drink, when for the same money they could have had a slap up lunch in comfortable surroundings in one of the best restaurants in town?
Admittedly, I could be out of touch as to what 21st century football match attendees want, but to me this sounds like they are the ones totally out of touch of reality.
PS I notice it was a "no-reply" e-mail! Shame!

Last edited:
They’ll still be asked to enter the stadium at least 45 minutes before kick off…then of course it’s illegal to enter a football stadium intoxicated.

Still, at least they didn’t advertise this to the kids this time.

;