That PL cup record

Saints played their first team.

So did Portsmouth. And so would we had we been playing their local derby final thingy.
Burton made 7 changes. No one gives a chuff anymore, if you make it great, if you don't doesn't matter really in the grand scheme of things.
Today is massive, last Friday was massive, Wednesday was not.

Manchester United drew nil nil home to Rochdale.

*cough* 1-1 ;-) But I get the point!

Eddie was right - the team that night was plenty good enough to beat Burton, if they applied themselves in the right way and played anything like their true levels. They just didn't, its as basic as that really. We did have players across the pitch with lots of PL experience and even international caps.

People seem to be missing the fact that several other PL teams have had similar troubles again this season. Spurs, West Ham being the two most eye catching defeats. I think most of it is down to team cohesion on the night, where a side is put together and even with some training sessions, it just doesn't click the same.

I think its mad to suggest we don't try or that Eddie doesn't want us to progress....I do think that it can be very easy for intensity to drop just a few percent and as soon as a lower team senses this, if they play to their max, then these results can happen.

The worry seems to be workrate and attitude in the cups . It’d almost as if some are pissed off to be playing rather than chomping at the bit to have an opportunity ,we know there were players on that pitch that are better than what they showed on the night ..there seems to be at management level a disinterest and at player level a dislike for playing in the cups that runs deep though the club ..a real shame for the fans that still make the effort .

Seems Eddie and the rest of the coaching staff think ,ok who hasn’t had a game in a while throw them in , it’s not doing anyone any favors .

Last edited:

;