That Third Relegation Spot

Gutted Brighton are looking safe. Southampton have a guaranteed 3 points against us so they'll probably be ok too haha.

Yeah, but look at Brighton's April schedule. Looks pretty brutal...they aren't quite out of it yet.

Sat Mar 30th: Southampton (H) - 3pm
Weds Apr 3rd : Chelsea (A) - 7.45pm
Sat Apr 6th: Man City (FA Cup Semi Final) - 5.30pm
Sat Apr 13th: Bournemouth (H) - 3pm
Tues Apr 16th: Cardiff (H) - 7.45pm
Sat Apr 20th: Wolves (A) - 3pm
[[Sun Apr 21st: Easter]]
Tues Apr 23rd: Spurs (A) - 7.45pm Live on Sky
Sat Apr 27th: Newcastle (H) - 3pm

Yeah, but look at Brighton's April schedule. Looks pretty brutal...they aren't quite out of it yet.

Sat Mar 30th: Southampton (H) - 3pm
Weds Apr 3rd : Chelsea (A) - 7.45pm
Sat Apr 6th: Man City (FA Cup Semi Final) - 5.30pm
Sat Apr 13th: Bournemouth (H) - 3pm
Tues Apr 16th: Cardiff (H) - 7.45pm
Sat Apr 20th: Wolves (A) - 3pm
[[Sun Apr 21st: Easter]]
Tues Apr 23rd: Spurs (A) - 7.45pm Live on Sky
Sat Apr 27th: Newcastle (H) - 3pm
I lost interest in the bottom 3 the moment infrastructure beat Palace. They could go the rest of the season and be safe with just 3 points against Cardiff. Not sure that we won't gift them a win either as we should be safe by then.

Its worrying that all the daily's are printing anything and everything about the top 2 but nothing is written about the relegation fight going on. More is written about who the next 3 teams will be the lambs to the slaughter next season.
I lost interest in the bottom 3 the moment infrastructure beat Palace. They could go the rest of the season and be safe with just 3 points against Cardiff. Not sure that we won't gift them a win either as we should be safe by then.

"we should be safe by then "
Ha ha ha, love it.

Any odds coming out now will put us firm favourites for the drop next year.
Given the way we’ve played in many of the last 22 games you’d see why.

Desperately need something in the middle of the park, we are pathetically weak there, and unfortunately we’re not playing in the formation necessary to minimise that weakness.

I still can't see Cardiff escaping....although it would be quite funny if they did. But feel Brighton will somehow find enough to beat them and that will be about that.

Got a bit more interesting after last night’s result.

Brighton haven’t been able to buy a goal in their last 4 PL games, but have conceded 11.

Cardiff have scored 3 and conceded 6.

I can see Cardiff getting 4 more points, but Brighton maybe only a draw against Newcastle.

Looking grim for the Weeds suddenly.

This time of the season gets difficult to predict.
Remember last season when Huddersfield played at Man City a few days after they won the title and got a point, they then got a point at Chelsea 3 days later. Who would have predicted that, but with big clubs still in the Champions League and a few fixture pile ups who knows what can happen.

..there will be some twists and turns yet before the season ends in all games I reckon...if Spurs win or get through tonight, I wonder what sort of team we will see v us prior to a CL semi-final with Ajax?

...just glad that we are not involved in any end of season tensions!

....we all witnessed against Burnley sometimes players seem to lack form and confidence, and it was a clueless performance. Pound for pound Brighton should have enough in their team to stay up over Cardiff but the marginals of how a manager motivates his team make a difference. Howe has been under a bit of pressure having seen our early from disintegrate into a quite awful spell....he nows looks to have turned it around? I hope now that we can push on in our last games and finish on a relative high.

...just glad that we are not involved in any end of season tensions!

....we all witnessed against Burnley sometimes players seem to lack form and confidence, and it was a clueless performance. Pound for pound Brighton should have enough in their team to stay up over Cardiff but the marginals of how a manager motivates his team make a difference. Howe has been under a bit of pressure having seen our early from disintegrate into a quite awful spell....he nows looks to have turned it around? I hope now that we can push on in our last games and finish on a relative high.
The worrying thing if you are a Brighton fan is that normally after a humping like the 0-5 we administered on Saturday the manager and the fans would expect some sort of a reaction from the players in the next game ( even more so bearing in mind their current predicament ). The fact that there was ZERO reaction and that they were just as bad, if not worse, than when we played them does not inspire one with much confidence. There was a shocking lack of a reaction to a heavy defeat in last night's game. For this reason the Brighton fans seem convinced that Cardiff will survive and that they are now certs for relegation. They might have a point. It will certainly be fun observing it from our lofty perch and enjoying the fact that we are not involved in any way.
:toot:

;