The Masters

I just can't see past Bryson. In the practise round his longest iron into a green was 8 iron... Even if the drive hits crap he can still afford a chip out with those sort of numbers. He just has to keep it reasonably in play and wins comfortably imo.

DJ has shortened to the same odds as Bryson.

that went well then
can't say I've warmed to him, golfs equivalent of david warner, and that flat cap doesn't help

Looks like I jinxed Guns DeChambeau by betting on him ,he has been awful,lost his ball and ended up 7 shotting a par 4.
Currently 2 over par and could miss the cut for round 3.
It’s the faux science stuff that grates and the media are all over him. For all his club length hokum and caddy talk gibberish, in the end he bulks up, swings himself off his feet and hits the cover off it. He’s a top golfer so he’ll win things but I’d pay not to watch him.
Lovely to see Larry Mize and Bernhard Langer out scoring him.

I quite like that he grates on people. Facts are without the "faux science" in reducing his spin loft, he wouldn't be hitting it so far through the air. He's been the first to do it and now others will follow. The 48" driver was cleary a mistake though.

3 English players in the pack, 2 off the lead. Be happy with any of those, particually Fleetwood. Probably be DJ though, the most boring man on tour.

A golf swing is based on science, of course it is, one of my friends did his dissertation on it and it was fascinating. The faux bit is to anoint him with the science epithet when every pro golfer is immersed in it - it’s their job. A 5.5 degree driver with all that mass behind it gets him into the territory of the long drive fairground entertainers, the difference being he’s bolted it onto a world class game, which he’s quite entitled to do. Naturally he thrives on some of the American bomb alley courses.

The breathless media bang on about him for all the obvious reasons and he’ll win plenty... but for me he’s Burnley :grinning:

I quite like that he grates on people. Facts are without the "faux science" in reducing his spin loft, he wouldn't be hitting it so far through the air. He's been the first to do it and now others will follow. The 48" driver was cleary a mistake though.

3 English players in the pack, 2 off the lead. Be happy with any of those, particually Fleetwood. Probably be DJ though, the most boring man on tour.

He isn't actually using that driver in this tournament though as he said he isn't quite ready with it.

I don't care how far you hit it, its all about getting it in that little hole in the fewest shots.
One player who has impressed me is Louis Oosthuizen -7, he won the Open in 2010 and lost a play off for the 2012 Masters to Bubba.

Really nicely set up for “the weekend”.

Fingers crossed if Thomas doesn’t win it for my bet that one of the Brits gets in there - I would love Justin Rose to win after two 2nd places in the past

What is it with Dustin Johnson and spitting. He's always doing it, has been pulled up for years over it yet still gobs all over the place.

Have Fun....don't worry about Covid...it'll just go away...I mean.. Christ it wont reach golf courses will it...even Trump knows that!

Money!

Have Fun....don't worry about Covid...it'll just go away...I mean.. Christ it wont reach golf courses will it...even Trump knows that!

Money!
The place of elite sport during a pandemic is a complex issue but having a pop at golf Brian...??

It may have escaped you but I think we’re all eagerly anticipating 22 guys competing for one ball on one patch of grass next Saturday...

The place of elite sport during a pandemic is a complex issue but having a pop at golf Brian...??

It may have escaped you but I think we’re all eagerly anticipating 22 guys competing for one ball on one patch of grass next Saturday...
Take your point..I could have just as easily have picked on Rugby, Cricket or Formula One...
As you say its complex... and Covid has started to get a lot of us on edge, tetchy... ..just observe some of the excessive sniping between some pairs of posters!

;