The Never Ending Jukebox, track two.

We had our first dusting of snow today (yeah, it's a bit early) and the golf clubs appear headed for the basement. So, time for a couple of odes to that most Canadian of seasons.

This is a favourite from one of Canada's favourite sons, Gordon Lightfoot.

A couple of years in to his career, Lightfoot decided that he did not like the sound of his early recordings, and so re-recorded everything. I always preferred the early Lightfoot, but for this one song, the re-recorded version above is king. Wonderful production. But here is an earlier version, you can definitely hear a difference. The audience is priceless - somewhere between rapt attention and catatonic. But at least no cell phones!

Winter's Night has been covered by many great Canadian artists, which you will find if you google it.

Next, a francophone classic.

Earlier on, I presented some francophone bands that were proud French Canadians but only marginally nationalist. Not this guy. Vigneault was always very strongly in favour of a sovereign Quebec. Still is, at age 90!. However, this song was a big part of the culture and lives on today.

We had our first dusting of snow today (yeah, it's a bit early) and the golf clubs appear headed for the basement. So, time for a couple of odes to that most Canadian of seasons.

This is a favourite from one of Canada's favourite sons, Gordon Lightfoot.

A couple of years in to his career, Lightfoot decided that he did not like the sound of his early recordings, and so re-recorded everything. I always preferred the early Lightfoot, but for this one song, the re-recorded version above is king. Wonderful production. But here is an earlier version, you can definitely hear a difference. The audience is priceless - somewhere between rapt attention and catatonic. But at least no cell phones!

Winter's Night has been covered by many great Canadian artists, which you will find if you google it.
His two most famous songs must be

I prefer Sundown.

;