The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Oh Christ.

We're owned by a Russian billionaire and a US hedge fund.

It would be an investment on which they could see a return when they sold.

If we go down they've lost some of their investment, if we don't they sell and fill their boots.

Eddie will be gone by next August.

Yeah, that sort of thought process on investments probably aren't how he became a billionaire lol.

Oh Christ.

If we go down they've lost some of their investment, if we don't they sell and fill their boots.

I agree with the Eddie will be gone by August bit

Oh Christ.

According to supporters of other clubs (and if he was I don't think we'd have too much trouble funding the stadium). But his estimated net worth is around £100m.

Eddie is very closely involved in the running of this club and a very bright and astute man.

He knows the income streams and the outgoings. When he would have been asked if he wanted Defoe on a 60k a week three year contract and Lerma in for 25m he would know the effect that has on the clubs balance sheet.

Our gate money alone wouldn’t buy Lermas left leg. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know we are now not going to have a stadium and strop off. He will have been part of this commercial decision making progress. There was a decision taken by all not to fund a stadium from the TV money because staying in the Premier League is more important to the guaranteed long term financial position.

Any business works on return on investment. The return on investment on a stadium is neglible compared to TV money. Players guarantee this investment...crowds don’t. We didn’t fill the stadium we had in the championship until the last few games. It’s a new all seater style stadium too...not a crumbly 1920s one. We had the crowd boost by moving to a modern facility and still couldn’t fill it...a bigger one wouldn’t make any difference in the lower leagues. The poor fans that can’t get in want to see Premier League football...players give that not a ground. Eddie will be complicit with that I’m sure.

So, we don’t want to use our funds to do it. That means we need to attract an investor who won’t make money unless they can piggy back hotels or leisure. The hotel market in Bournemouth is over subscribed and leisure is well represented.

While this is frustrating, if you remove the emotion of being a fan out of it it’s all logical.

Everyone has chosen Premier League football over a stadium because the longer we stay there the more likely we will get one. Newcastle are showing what happens when everyone invests apart from you. One thing is for sure...get relegated and we won’t build or need anything.

I think those worrying about what Eddie will do are missing a key point. If they think he won't be totally involved with what decisions are made, they are being naive! There will be meetings along the way, Eddie will know exactly what the actual plans are and he wouldn't be making all these signings, players for our future as well as for now, unless he was fully 100% committed.
I am disappointed today's press release has raised more questions than given us answers, that's my biggest gripe. But as others have said, inside the club, there will be many things being planned that we currently have no idea about.
I don't actually think a bigger stadium will make that much difference to the signings we make, as long as we can offer PL football, players will come here.
I'd love a new stadium so everyone who wants to come, can - I agree the club are being rubbish at fully communicating things but I do still feel they are looking all the time.

Isn't the issue with this that expanding the Ted Shed means increasing the number of tickets we have to give to visiting supporters?

The layout in the East Stand means we cannot give them more seats there - which means giving them seats in the Ted Shed.

This means having to partition the Ted Shed, and also having visiting fans at the end - which Eddie isn't in favour of?[/QUOTE

No as it's 10% of capacity and away section holds 1400. Only issue is cup games so new Ted Mac stand would need to be partitioned

Eddie is very closely involved in the running of this club and a very bright and astute man.

He knows the income streams and the outgoings. When he would have been asked if he wanted Defoe on a 60k a week three year contract and Lerma in for 25m he would know the effect that has on the clubs balance sheet.

Our gate money alone wouldn’t buy Lermas left leg. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know we are now not going to have a stadium and strop off. He will have been part of this commercial decision making progress.

I know EH is a bright guy but I doubt he runs the finance department as much as anything else. I mean 3 years ago he said:

"Nothing could be further from the truth in terms of £30,000 a week for any player at this football club. I don’t see that day ever happening here and I don’t think it should."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...r_happening_here_and_don___t_think_it_should/

There was a decision taken by all not to fund a stadium from the TV money because staying in the Premier League is more important to the guaranteed long term financial position.

Any business works on return on investment. The return on investment on a stadium is negligible compared to TV money. Players guarantee this investment...crowds don’t. We didn’t fill the stadium we had in the championship until the last few games. It’s a new all seater style stadium too...not a crumbly 1920s one. We had the crowd boost by moving to a modern facility and still couldn’t fill it...a bigger one wouldn’t make any difference in the lower leagues. The poor fans that can’t get in want to see Premier League football...players give that not a ground. Eddie will be complicit with that I’m sure.

Premier League status is not guaranteed income, player purchases and wages does not ensure Premier League status and gambling every penny in the hope you get to gamble next season is no financial strategy.

A ground we own will make the world of difference to us in the lower leagues. Hundreds of millions spent on players long gone won't.

So, we don’t want to use our funds to do it. That means we need to attract an investor who won’t make money unless they can piggy back hotels or leisure. The hotel market in Bournemouth is over subscribed and leisure is well represented.

While this is frustrating, if you remove the emotion of being a fan out of it it’s all logical.

There's the quote from Neil Blake up in this thread.

And Eddie Howe, supposedly complicit in this decision making process, less than 6 month ago said the following:
"We must have a tangible, long-term thing to look back at and go 'that was what the Premier League did for us'.

"The training ground, the new stadium - that's where this club has to go for the long-term benefits, otherwise we will never see the benefits of the Premier League era."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44111187

Everyone has chosen Premier League football over a stadium because the longer we stay there the more likely we will get one. Newcastle are showing what happens when everyone invests apart from you. One thing is for sure...get relegated and we won’t build or need anything.

Newcastle have played Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Cardiff, Palace and Leicester, so maybe 3 winnable games and got a couple of draws. Maybe save the judgement on how effective splurging money is for the end of the season. They certainly did better than half the league who did pay transfer fees.

Our gate money alone wouldn’t buy Lermas left leg. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know we are now not going to have a stadium and strop off. He will have been part of this commercial decision making progress. There was a decision taken by all not to fund a stadium from the TV money because staying in the Premier League is more important to the guaranteed long term financial position.

Any business works on return on investment. The return on investment on a stadium is neglible compared to TV money. Players guarantee this investment...crowds don’t. We didn’t fill the stadium we had in the championship until the last few games. It’s a new all seater style stadium too...not a crumbly 1920s one. We had the crowd boost by moving to a modern facility and still couldn’t fill it...a bigger one wouldn’t make any difference in the lower leagues. The poor fans that can’t get in want to see Premier League football...players give that not a ground. Eddie will be complicit with that I’m sure.

Good summary Neil.

Max has sensibly managed this club out of the chaos. If there was a limit on finance then I am sure buying brooks and Lerma plus retaining cook and king is a better way to keep Eddie here.

Can’t be many afcb fans that don’t want a new ground but funding a new ground will be easier and less risky for the financial future of afcb if the risk of relegation is minimised.

Having said that, in the meantime expanding the Ted mac stand is a must imho to get more fans in.

I know EH is a bright guy but I doubt he runs the finance department as much as anything else. I mean 3 years ago he said:

"Nothing could be further from the truth in terms of £30,000 a week for any player at this football club. I don’t see that day ever happening here and I don’t think it should."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...r_happening_here_and_don___t_think_it_should/

Premier League status is not guaranteed income, player purchases and wages does not ensure Premier League status and gambling every penny in the hope you get to gamble next season is no financial strategy.

A ground we own will make the world of difference to us in the lower leagues. Hundreds of millions spent on players long gone won't.

There's the quote from Neil Blake up in this thread.

And Eddie Howe, supposedly complicit in this decision making process, less than 6 month ago said the following:
"We must have a tangible, long-term thing to look back at and go 'that was what the Premier League did for us'.

"The training ground, the new stadium - that's where this club has to go for the long-term benefits, otherwise we will never see the benefits of the Premier League era."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44111187

Newcastle have played Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Cardiff, Palace and Leicester, so maybe 3 winnable games and got a couple of draws. Maybe save the judgement on how effective splurging money is for the end of the season. They certainly did better than half the league who did pay transfer fees.
Good post

Thats a great hindsight post Neil (y) ....

But lets not forget we are simply responding to what Max / the board..the club told us. They previously told us they were building a new south stand.

It smells of incompetence and knee jerk reactions. They need to sort it out.

;