The statement we’ve all been waiting for

...we can all speculate about Eddie Howe and the new stadium stuff...but the reality is IF and when a club comes a knocking for his services, I am not convinced he would be worrying about us but on what he is being offered in terms of his personal ambitions.

I would hazard a guess that the top clubs..Man City & United,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs and Liverpool would probably be looking for a foreign manager with Champions League experience?
Given his past going north adventure, would he risk all that geographical upheaval?
That leaves the likes of West Ham and Southampton who could possibly match his ambition in terms of club size and structure.
I am not sure that he will be receiving tempting offers in the near future, so we may have him for another season or two?
The fly in the ointment could be a club like a promoted Aston Villa or a rejuvenated club like Portsmouth looking in his direction?

Not missing the point, just not addressing it!

I agree that the training ground delay is much more worrying. However:
- the club statement indicates that "every penny" of PL money has been spent on the club, and suggests even more money from ownership has been injected to keep things going. So even if the training ground "only" costs 10M (sorry no pound symbol on my keyboard), well, that's 10M more than they have to spend at this point.
- Again, if Max's net worth is only 100M, then even the training ground would probably be more than he could finance on his own.
- This all comes back to the need for external investment.

If you were a potential investor, would you want to invest in hard infrastructure in a club that had gone downhill in its last PL season and finished 11 points above relegation? If it were me, I'd tell the club I would consider investing if they can demonstrate their long-term viability as a PL team. How that would be determined would be up to the potential investor (certain points target, league position, number of consecutive seasons in PL, etc.)
"This all comes back to the need for external investment" - that's exactly the point!

And in answer to your question, and consistent with the way in which countless other businesses operate, yes, I would invest in the training and development infrastructure because that is intrinsically linked to, and dependent upon, the long-term success of the club and, ultimately, it's PL status.

If you are not building the ground you don’t need to build the training ground.

There may be better training grounds out there but the fact our one prevents us signing top players is a bit of a fallacy when you look who we have signed recently. It’s homely...our small club mentality helps us in a lot of ways. The building also has some state of the art facilities inside it. Other clubs don’t offer areas like Sandbanks for the family to live in..or pay the wages we do...or have the proximity to London...there are many reasons why players choose us.

We don’t have a council that wants to help, the political climate is against Russian investment at the moment.... none of this should be a surprise.

Our best hope is to stay in the PL, hope to attract other investment and build up an asset base of young footballers to sell. And the best way to achieve that is to sign good players now not start a savings account.

We all want the same end result...this is about how we do it.

So our recruitment is now perfect?

That right sided defensive minded player that we’ve all been craving for years has already walked through the door then?

The signings we have made have all been done at the right times? Not having to wait several transfer windows to achieve it?

Could it be that we’ve often had to wait to make the signings that we have done because previous targets have looked at the facilities on offer and decided “no thanks”.

Does a lack of improvement in this area scream ambition to any potential signing?

We’ve done as well as we have on signings purely on the reputation of Eddie Howe.

But the standard of player we can sign is going to be limited working solely on that basis.

It’s either taking a risk on an expensive youngster, taking a risk on an expensive veteran or over spending on a player for now by tempting them financially.

If that cycle spends all of the money available then how does that cycle ever get broken if nothing changes?

Lots of questions in there DJ.

And a lot of subjective statements.

You don’t know good players have rejected us because of training facilities. I’d say the weight of evidence is that it doesn’t put them off but neither of us know this.

Eddie is a big reason people sign for us but him alone would not be enough. He is also staying unless you believe the panickers on here.

If there is something putting people off it’s more likely it’s the fact we are relatively unheard of...like Huddersfield who do have a nice ground and training facilities but also struggle to recruit.

Finally...how do you break the cycle...you cash in on the inevitable departure of a top young player and with you still being able to spend the TV money this becomes spare bunce. We have not sold top talent yet...it unlocks huge sums if you get it right.

So our recruitment is now perfect?

That right sided defensive minded player that we’ve all been craving for years has already walked through the door then?

The signings we have made have all been done at the right times? Not having to wait several transfer windows to achieve it?

Could it be that we’ve often had to wait to make the signings that we have done because previous targets have looked at the facilities on offer and decided “no thanks”.

Does a lack of improvement in this area scream ambition to any potential signing?

We’ve done as well as we have on signings purely on the reputation of Eddie Howe.

But the standard of player we can sign is going to be limited working solely on that basis.

It’s either taking a risk on an expensive youngster, taking a risk on an expensive veteran or over spending on a player for now by tempting them financially.

If that cycle spends all of the money available then how does that cycle ever get broken if nothing changes?
Good point,I said the same and at what point do the club take the chance then of funding a stadium,five ten twenty years?External investment seems the only way

Lots of questions in there DJ.

And a lot of subjective statements.

You don’t know good players have rejected us because of training facilities. I’d say the weight of evidence is that it doesn’t put them off but neither of us know this.

Eddie is a big reason people sign for us but him alone would not be enough. He is also staying unless you believe the panickers on here.

If there is something putting people off it’s more likely it’s the fact we are relatively unheard of...like Huddersfield who do have a nice ground and training facilities but also struggle to recruit.

Finally...how do you break the cycle...you cash in on the inevitable departure of a top young player and with you still being able to spend the TV money this becomes spare bunce. We have not sold top talent yet...it unlocks huge sums if you get it right.
But say that never happens mate

Correct Neil. We sell Brooks to Manure in 2 years time for £75m - then we get ourselves a stadium!

Now in Echo.

Questioned in a press conference this morning, Howe said: “It was the right decision for the shareholders and directors. They have given the club so much in financial backing and support in the past few years.

“I know their will is to complete the stadium and build the training ground and take the club forward. They want what every Bournemouth fan wants and what I want.

“But it’s not right for them at this moment in time so I think you have to respect that decision.

“Let’s focus on what we have, not what we don’t have. We have a stadium which works well for us and it’s a really good environment to work in.

“Long-term, we all hope we can build the club from the inside. I think we do need to improve facilities but I’m not saying anything which isn’t along the same lines as what the owners think.

“We all want the same thing.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16963034.eddie-howe-on-afc-bournemouth-stadium-delay/

Now in Echo.

Questioned in a press conference this morning, Howe said: “It was the right decision for the shareholders and directors. They have given the club so much in financial backing and support in the past few years.

“I know their will is to complete the stadium and build the training ground and take the club forward. They want what every Bournemouth fan wants and what I want.

“But it’s not right for them at this moment in time so I think you have to respect that decision.

“Let’s focus on what we have, not what we don’t have. We have a stadium which works well for us and it’s a really good environment to work in.

“Long-term, we all hope we can build the club from the inside. I think we do need to improve facilities but I’m not saying anything which isn’t along the same lines as what the owners think.

“We all want the same thing.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16963034.eddie-howe-on-afc-bournemouth-stadium-delay/
Very diplomatic

I think Eddie Howe and AFC Bournemouth have a symbiotic relationship ( big word, hope it’s right )
They struggle to survive without each other. Bit like ET and Elliot .

Good 14 minute interview with Eddie on COWS video.

Talks about stadium, the players and the match tomorrow.

As far as training pitch goes, we have a good one now adequate for our needs and in a nice setting.

Then another question about when we didn’t have a training pitch and at one time they wouldn’t let the club use Littledown because bills had not been paid.

Hence Eddie’s answer re being happy with what we have got and itis our own training pitch.

Listening to that makes you think back to when we nearly went out of business and what we have today.

;