The statement we’ve all been waiting for

Whoever decided to leave it this long after the transfer window to release this statement is a prat.The hint was there in them saying we shall release a statement after the transfer window.We knew then depending on how much we spend,that it will affect the new ground funding.We all knew that,but because it took so long to release the statement,lots of us were guessing and hoping it was because they were in clandestine meetings and secret talks regarding the stadium

All about the money, unfortunately. The increased matchday revenue from a larger stadium simply doesn't stack up against the cost of building it, as an investment return. Gone are the days when a giant edifice would be built just for the hell of it. Even doubling matchday income would barely trouble the scorers when considering our total revenues.

That said I still wouldn't be surprised to see some further development at DC....
Its only the Premier League where tv revenue is more important to clubs than through the turnstiles.

“It is crucial that we have a capacity that meets the ever-growing demand for tickets, that we are able to provide access for disabled supporters that meets new government guidelines, that we can improve and increase our hospitality offering and that we have a stadium that is used throughout the year by the community, and not just on matchdays” - Neill Blake, December 2016

“It is crucial that we have a capacity that meets the ever-growing demand for tickets, that we are able to provide access for disabled supporters that meets new government guidelines, that we can improve and increase our hospitality offering and that we have a stadium that is used throughout the year by the community, and not just on matchdays” - Neill Blake, December 2016[/QUOTE
Ah, the 'Darlington' argument. Thats done it for me. I'm off to tell fans of Brighton, Bristol City, Huddersfield... their moneys been wasted.
Rob do we own the land the south stand is built on

Why does it have to be either/or? Another ST holder happy because they've got a space while others haven't I guess?
...ST holders shouldn't be villified because of their opinions? It stands to reason that if our owners don't want to increase the stadium capacity it is them you should be criticised. It is obvious that not spending money on the squad has huge risks regarding our Pl status and for holding onto our manager and current players....we ALL know that even if we went down to The Championship we wouldn't sell out Dean Court, so anything below that returns us to the days of 5-6 k crowds...this is the conundrum!

...ST holders shouldn't be villified because of their opinions? It stands to reason that if our owners don't want to increase the stadium capacity it is them you should be criticised. It is obvious that not spending money on the squad has huge risks regarding our Pl status and for holding onto our manager and current players....we ALL know that even if we went down to The Championship we wouldn't sell out Dean Court, so anything below that returns us to the days of 5-6 k crowds...this is the conundrum!
Yes but there would be no leaky taps in our new stadium

Whoever decided to leave it this long after the transfer window to release this statement is a prat.The hint was there in them saying we shall release a statement after the transfer window.We knew then depending on how much we spend,that it will affect the new ground funding.We all knew that,but because it took so long to release the statement,lots of us were guessing and hoping it was because they were in clandestine meetings and secret talks regarding the stadium
Disagree. This was a deliberate ploy by those at the top who knew what they were doing all along.

I'm an ST holder. Its clear I was replying to this comment:

"So you would rather we stopped strengthening the team each season and spend all the PL money on a spanking new stadium? Then with no player recruitment will you, in 3 or 4 years time, be among the 5,000 fans attending our L1 game v Accrington Stanley in our lovely 25,000 stadium"?

I think that Slow Down Derek, who works in the property business and understands how commercial leases work, has repeatedly said that the landlord cannot charge extra rent for improvements that we have paid for. Is that correct, SDD ?

Yep no middle ground it appears. Did it really came down to a Rico Vs a new academy...they are making it sound like it.

Its absolutely amazing. The club announced they were building a new stadium and training facilities without having the foresight to work out how they were going to pay for it :slap:
Its either total incompetence or they really were stringing us along the whole time.

They could have cloaked that statement in positivity by at the very least giving a time line for the training ground / academy (the cheaper of the two options) with news on the stadium to follow. Instead they've just swept the whole lot under the carpet and fudged the issue.
I'm fairly chilled about the main message - there is an alternative to incompetence or stringing us along (neither of which Eddie would live with) and that is that something has changed - whether it's Max's circumstances, the Americans or some other hitherto unknown investors - we don't know.

Re cloaking the statement in positivity - I couldn't agree more.

Yes we own it

I don't think Structadene can increase rent because we improve the facilities. however they can increase asking price. Unless we can leave them with a white elephant, they've got us over a barrel. If we'd had Maxim just a year earlier we could have bought it back for (I think, please correct if wrong) 4 million, under the fixed price windows of the sale and lease back

Made this a while back and I think I was slightly off around the treeline/carpark, but this is close enough to what land Structadene own

nMIE6vE.jpg

;