The statement we’ve all been waiting for

So you would rather we stopped strengthening the team each season and spend all the PL money on a spanking new stadium? Then with no player recruitment will you, in 3 or 4 years time, be among the 5,000 fans attending our L1 game v Accrington Stanley in our lovely 25,000 stadium?

I'll take league one football in 25k seater THAT WE OWN over a wound up football club buried under ever increasing rent debt.

This is a choice between securing the survival of the club for generations or blowing it all for fleeting glory.

Besides let's not pretend that we couldn't have atleast £100M in the coffers and still be safe from relegation every season until now.

We have a Russian owner and could have had another Russian/s owner before that.

Eddie Mitchell turned the others down, they moved on to take on Pompey.

The rest is in the history books.

All about the money, unfortunately. The increased matchday revenue from a larger stadium simply doesn't stack up against the cost of building it, as an investment return. Gone are the days when a giant edifice would be built just for the hell of it. Even doubling matchday income would barely trouble the scorers when considering our total revenues.

That said I still wouldn't be surprised to see some further development at DC....

For the foreseeable future you will have to wait till someone dies before you can get a season ticket.

This is one of the reasons why there are so many seats free each week, if a season ticket is surrendered for whatever reason, including lack of life, then those tickets are lost forever. Around me in the North Stand are a number of season ticket holders who only turn up for the Big 6 and who sell on when they can (I literally had to give my tickets away to a relative of a friend for the Leicester game) or the seats are more often empty.

This news will only exacerbate that situation.

It’s a real shame this is the route they have taken . Taking in a fortune every season to spend “every penny “ of that fortune to get another influx of money next season ,and on and on it goes .

The real shame is also no matter what incredible football and success we have now all the fans of our “ rivals” like them up the road just look at us and say “ aww bless they’ll be back where they belong soon bumbling around in league one and two in their tinpot ground with their buckets and whatnot ... well we all secretly know they’re exactly right , and this sort of non existent forward thinking confirms what we all fear .

3 points on Saturday at Watford should be our main objective at this point.
Not some steel and cement built stadium.
Get over it. move on.

This is so incredibly short sighted. Throwing money at the squad doesn't guarantee PL status! When we are back down in the lower leagues (because this will happen eventually), without an increased stadium and the new fans attracted in the PL era, we're going to be right back where we started struggling financially.

I didn't think this was the case? The season ticket holder numbers are surely just decreasing.

I suspect the truth is that when season ticket holders die, get too old to attend, move away etc their season ticket is passed on unofficially - if they were ever to arrange some sort of amnesty to get real names associated with real tickets - the results may be interesting......

Overall, very disappointing.
However, I couldn't help but wonder whether this wasn't really directed toward city council - "we can't build this without economic incentives".
We had that happen in Canada last year where the owner of a hockey team (Calgary Flames) threatened to move the team to a different city if the city didn't agree to pay for a chunk of a proposed new stadium/arena. Not sure how it all ended, but I believe the city called his bluff.

No surprise but still desperately disappointing. It's this attitude that could seriously make me disillusioned with supporting the team, after 30+ years. It's all about the money, to hell with the fans.

I think most fans would be happy with a 20K capacity or at least 15K with a larger temp stand. That shouldn't be much to ask for.

Overall, very disappointing.
However, I couldn't help but wonder whether this wasn't really directed toward city council - "we can't build this without economic incentives".
We had that happen in Canada last year where the owner of a hockey team (Calgary Flames) threatened to move the team to a different city if the city didn't agree to pay for a chunk of a proposed new stadium/arena. Not sure how it all ended, but I believe the city called his bluff.
...we could move to Ringwood or Wimborne?

I think Eddies been seriously let down here, he’s done his job. The board must have known what they were buying league 1 infastructure while trying to compete in the premier league. Eddie will of known about this for a while and I wouldn’t be surprised if our best asset will be on his way soon. At least Eddie Mitchell had the decency to put the club up for sale because he couldn’t take it any further and I don’t think the current owners are looking after the long term future of our club. At least this news will please some fans, not the majority I would suggest.

Well it’s what we were waiting from. It’s a strategy which ensures players and staff continue to get nice fat wage packets but doesn’t do anything for the fans.

A pretty pathetic approach and you wonder what the CEO has been doing all this time. Not much it would seem.

I guess they want to look after themselves which is understandable.
Spot on,aswell as CEO wheres Jeff hiding to

Cherries trust statement.
Apologies just seen other post, oops

Cherries Trust
Today's statement from the AFC Bournemouth board has confirmed the Trust's fears that both the new stadium project and training ground development have stalled.
The club's profile locally, nationally and internationally has been transformed by our presence in the Premier League - the manager and all the staff have performed miracles to maintain that status for three seasons and we congratulate them for that success which is beyond all of our wildest dreams.
We have a generation of young fans proudly wearing their Cherries shirts around the area in numbers unprecedented in years gone by - but so many of them remain unable to watch the team because the stadium we have is not fit for the division in which we are now playing.
The club has received both income and investment of a scale unimaginable in the past - but the fundamental nature of the club remains the same. We do not own our own ground, we have a category three academy and we have a stadium fit for the League One club it was built for - with a reduced capacity due to the requirements of the Premier League. Without Premier League TV money we are still that same League One club at heart.
This is without doubt the greatest period in the club's history - but it will not last forever. We need to make hay while the sun shines. If, as the club states, every penny received so far has been spent on maintaining that status - then if we leave this division we will have no permanent legacy to show for all of the hard work and money invested which would be an absolutely tragic waste.
In an interview with Radio Solent in May, Eddie Howe said:
"We must have a tangible, long-term thing to look back at and go ‘that was what the Premier League did for us’.
‘The training ground, the new stadium — that’s where this club has to go for the long-term benefits, otherwise we will never see the benefits of the Premier League era.
‘We’ve focused a lot on the team and on what you see out on the pitch, but I think the infrastructure of the club is a must.
‘That will serve us so well in 10, 15, 20, 30 years, and that’s what I really believe the club must focus on.’"
The Trust wholeheartedly supports the view of the manager and believe that the club must prioritise the creation of a permanent long-term legacy from this period of success. The training ground development is vital to provide a sustainable future pipeline of players for the team - and if the development of new stadium is unachievable in the timescales previously stated then the expansion of the existing stadium should be revisited to enable more of the fans currently shut out of the ground to watch their local team play.

We didn’t have that statement before Burnley away.

Can’t see it bothering the players, they get their wages, they play their football, it’s their job at the end of the day.

They were saying on Sky and not for the first time this has been said, how having the crowd so close to the pitch probably helps the home side.
You could still have that in a new stadium

3 points on Saturday at Watford should be our main objective at this point.
Not some steel and cement built stadium.
Get over it. move on.

No I wont 'get over it'

You appear out of touch if you don't mind me saying, is it because you live on the other side of the world ? No one is asking for a shiny new stadium, just an increased capacity so the kids down my street and down every street in the conurbation get a chance to see their local team in the PL. The fan base is the long term future of the club not Jordon Ibes latest Ferrari or even a result against Watford.

Isn't the issue with this that expanding the Ted Shed means increasing the number of tickets we have to give to visiting supporters?

The layout in the East Stand means we cannot give them more seats there - which means giving them seats in the Ted Shed.

This means having to partition the Ted Shed, and also having visiting fans at the end - which Eddie isn't in favour of?

If we were to fill in corners then we could leave the concourse split as it is, and make the extra seats available in that corner along with a split for segregation???

;